TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
justsmilekid Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: brook

Points: 6,002, Level: 11 Points: 6,002, Level: 11 Points: 6,002, Level: 11

self harm. anbody please help me - January 10th 2014, 11:35 PM

I started cutting 6 months ago. I dont even really know why is cut the first time, I was just feeling down. Things have gone from terrible to 'no one would ever guess im sad' in a matter of minutes. One day im crying my eyes out cutting and the next im smiling with my friends laughing and feeling so stupid for cutting the night before. I hate it. But I dont want to stop. Its pathetic. I do it when im stressed or sad. But lately im trying to not starve myself like I did before. I lost [EDIT] over a summer due to that. But my mum dosent know. But cutting really gets me. I dont want to stop but I know it makes me more broken. I dont know what to do anymore. My best friend also is trying to not cut afain, she has a couple times without me knowing. Im alot more far gone tho.at school im finr then i get home and i break down or just sit there. My mum is a big problem for me, shes selfish and rued and i dont like her. My dad lives away, i miss him a lot. But i still have contact with him. Im just not sure anymore. I hate this feeling of nothing. Pleasr help meen.

Last edited by DeletedAccount69; January 10th 2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Please don't post weight numbers
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: self harm. anbody please help me - January 11th 2014, 12:01 AM

Hey there,

I think that you should reach out to a trusted adult about all of this. I know that might be hard to do but they can help you work on figuring out how to overcome the self harm and work on finding the proper coping skills. Maybe you could reach out to a school counselor, a teacher or a school nurse. You deserve to get help for this and the best way to do this is by opening up to someone about this.

I think you should also consider looking into Alternatives to Self Harm. Whenever you are feeling the urge to harm yourself you can look at the alternatives. The can be helpful in dealing with the urges that come your way. You said that you turn to self harm when you are stressed so you have to work on dealing with your stress through other means and the alternatives can help you do that.

Do you think you could talk to your dad about your self harm? What about your mom? I know you don't have a great relationship with her but I am sure she would want to know something like this.

I really hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to use teenhelps many resources.
Closed Thread