TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kaitykay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,295, Level: 10 Points: 5,295, Level: 10 Points: 5,295, Level: 10

Best razors for self harm - November 25th 2014, 04:43 PM

I'm 17 and i've been cutting since i was 13, so telling me to stop won't help, sorry.
I was clean for a while but i'm back into it.
I'm searching for better cutting tools. In my little box of razors i have [Edited.], and i have [Edited.] but they're not very easy to use, they're long but hard to hold.
Searching for something better.
I live in nsw, australia, and i've never come across those really big double edged razors or whatever they're called, so i don't know how accessible they are.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; November 25th 2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Removing details that may give harmful ideas.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35

Re: Best razors for self harm - November 25th 2014, 05:51 PM

Hi there.

I know you said that telling you to stop won't work, and you're absolutely right. No one can make you stop if you're not ready. You need to want to recover in order to do so successfully.
I do want you to know that TeenHelp is here for you, though. Have you seen our Alternatives thread? There are some great ideas on there provided by many users on things you can try instead of self harm. Some of them, like holding ice in your hand, can be painful or uncomfortable, but don't actually cause you any harm. You can still get the sensations of self harm without harming yourself. A lot of people find these techniques really helpful!

I know it can be difficult to open up about your self harm, but I encourage you to do so to an adult or friend if you can. It's good to have a strong support network in your real life if you can, that way you have somewhere to turn when things get difficult. If you take a look at our Resources page there are some good sites there with information and coping strategies for self harm. There are also some good places to call on our Hotlines page if you want to speak to someone anonymously.
There are also services here on TeenHelp like HelpLINK, Live Help and the Chat Room. If you take a look at our Get Advice page, it can help you determine which is the best option for you.

I want you to know that TeenHelp exists to provide support to users who are struggling with a range of issues, and to help them into and through their recovery. We do not give advice that could be harmful and we don't give users ideas that could be harmful to them. Any responses to your thread could provide this kind of information that we don't allow.
The TeenHelp Code of Conduct states:
Quote:
TeenHelp encourages positive, safe, recovery-focused choices and will not tolerate advice that encourages harmful behaviour.
Users should not post content anywhere on TeenHelp that may be upsetting beyond what other users may normally expect to encounter in their day-to-day lives. In particular, 'triggering' content, which is defined as any content that might cause a user to want to perform unhealthy or dangerous behaviours, should not be posted on TeenHelp.
Such inappropriate content might include, but is not limited to, explicit descriptions (beyond what is needed to receive advice) or images of:
Self-mutilation or violence
Any response to your thread could easily be in violation of our Mature and Sensitive Content Policy that I linked above so I'm going to close your thread to avoid this happening.

Please do reach out, whether it be here, to someone in your real life or through one of the hotlines or resources I linked to. We're here and we're not going to give up on you.

Take care,

Louise.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.
Closed Thread