TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nightskies Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: -

Points: 4,371, Level: 9 Points: 4,371, Level: 9 Points: 4,371, Level: 9

Exclamation how do i hide/lessen self harm scars? - June 23rd 2016, 03:30 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

hello everyone, i hope you're all feeling well and have been clean & safe for the past hour(s). i don't know if there are any recent threads on this topic, so i decided to make a new one..

my self harm scars are pretty visible, as we're talking about my wrists here, and i have been very anxious about them. i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to hide them, or lessen te redness. i'm not able to wear bracelets, though, (long story) and those would be my last option, buying them, altough i never wear them (would be suspicious?). i already use a concealer, but since my make-up knowledge is non-existing (just like my self-esteem. ha. ha.) i don't know if that really helps. i have literally been searching for this for almost forever, mainly because my mom would flip if she'd see them.

thank you in advance, if anyone even bothers to look at this post.
love you, stay strong & clean .

ps; clean for 4 days!!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: how do i hide/lessen self harm scars? - June 23rd 2016, 05:13 PM

Congratulations on refraining from self-harm for four days! I am so glad you're dedicated to recovery. You're definitely taking some awesome steps and I fully support you.

The redness of the scars is part of the natural healing process. A scar takes about a year to fully heal. It's generally around that time that the scar will fade from a visible red to a pinkish or whitish color. Unfortunately, that takes time. There are some things you can do to try and minimize the coloring. I've heard using Mederma can help, as can rubbing shea butter or Vitamin E oil into your scars. Unfortunately the only other real way to hide them than using concealer or makeup products is to wear clothing or accessories that covers them.

I hope that helps somewhat. Congratulations again on your progress, and I hope you keep it up! If you ever need to talk to someone my inbox is always open.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
nightskies Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: -

Points: 4,371, Level: 9 Points: 4,371, Level: 9 Points: 4,371, Level: 9

Re: how do i hide/lessen self harm scars? - June 23rd 2016, 10:15 PM

thank you so much!! i'll definitely go see what will work for me, and just deal with it, i guess.
again, thank you very much!
Closed Thread