TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
maxy2004 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,802, Level: 7 Points: 2,802, Level: 7 Points: 2,802, Level: 7

Unhappy Recent self harm - April 21st 2018, 03:13 AM

Hi recently I self harmed and it isn't the first time. Everyone, including my parents, knows about my past self harms. Since I get checked I can't cut. I found an alternative to cut on my chest. I was feeling desperate and cut on my hand yesterday. Only my closest friends know about it and L'm trying to hide it the best I can. I regret it and I'm trying to find ways I can help the cuts heal as fast as they can. I don't care about he scars, just the cuts. Is there anything I could use to help heal the cuts that I could potentially have lying around the house?

Someone please help.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SerenitysAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abigail

Points: 3,287, Level: 8 Points: 3,287, Level: 8 Points: 3,287, Level: 8

Re: Recent self harm - April 21st 2018, 05:27 AM

Hmmmmm...that's a good question. I'm the same way. My foster mom checked me every week or so for fresh marks on my skin...something I found that helped was lip balm or chap stick. Im not sure how it works in the healing process but for me it tones my cuts down and makes them less noticable. Remember if the cut get infected or something goes wrong you need to tell your parents about it. I suggest you tell your parents even if it's not tho. I self harm but I'm not proud of it and it is a bad coping habit that doesn't easily go away. I hope this helped. and please stay safe

When I'm alone, I think; when I think, I remember; when I remember, I cry; when I cry, I can't stop; so don't leave me alone
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Recent self harm - April 21st 2018, 07:25 PM

Hey there,

From my personal experience, the only thing that helps cuts heal is time. If you try and force them to heal faster there is a chance you could end up getting an infection. I know you are worried about your parents finding out but do you think they would be willing to get you help if they knew you were still struggling with self harm. Confiding in parents can be scary but if it would be safe to do so it might be worth trying. You could also consider looking at the Alternatives and Coping Methods when you are feeling an urge to cut. They don't work all the time but if you utilize them enough they can become a great tool.

Please feel free to message me if you need someone to talk too.
Closed Thread