TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
PlutoTheOpposum Offline
Lyl
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lyl
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 2,216, Level: 7 Points: 2,216, Level: 7 Points: 2,216, Level: 7

Exclamation Paranoia. - November 23rd 2022, 03:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

For some reason, the SH label isn't on here- so yeah TW for that.

I'm so paranoid my parents will find out. It's been 4 1/2 months since my last hospital stay, and I DON'T want to go back. But that's what I'm scared will happen if they DO find out. I've been doing it on my upper arms, and even then it's the worst it's ever been. Like, so much so that I was shocked. But I now can't wear tanktops or any other short-sleeved thing. I really don't want my parents to suspect anything's wrong, which I KNOW is wrong of me, but they just don't go about it the right way. They're just too confrontational, and I'm too emotional.
And I don't know, my anger issues have just been out of control lately. Even small things made me SO MAD.
I usually just....bite myself on the hand for the smaller things, which wouldn't be a problem but now I have a bunch of bruises on my hand.
I'm scared that this'll lead me BACK down that path that inevitably gets me sent to the hospital, because this is EXACTLY how it went last time; time frame and everything. And this time there's more at stake because I've vented on here, I've talked about having a girlfriend (I don't want to lose her...), I've vented on pinterest, and ALL of this has been done on my school chromebook (I know, you can scold me, but I literally don't have anything else to vent on. My last therapy session was a month or two ago, and I missed it that time. Idk when my next one is.)
So yeah, Idk.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Last edited by Arabesque- golfing girl.; November 23rd 2022 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Added trigger warning for you.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,893, Level: 47 Points: 108,893, Level: 47 Points: 108,893, Level: 47

Re: Paranoia. - November 23rd 2022, 06:28 PM

Hello Lyl,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and I hope that you will be okay soon. When you are having a hard time with something and you feel that you are going to self harm, try to find something to help you get your mind off of this feeling for a while. For example, try going for a walk around your house if you can or putting on funny movies or TV shows or YouTube videos or if you enjoy reading or drawing or painting or writing or calling a friend or listening to music or something else that you enjoy doing and try that to help you to get your mind off of this for a while. Sometimes we may have to try a few different things to help us to be okay and that is totally fine to do.

Also, ask your school counselor or one of your teachers that you like to talk with at school and ask them if they have any support groups at your school that you would be able to join and then you would be able to talk to other students who are going through the same thing as you. Sometimes it can help to talk about what you are going through with other people and you can also see about setting up times to talk one on one with your school counselor and this can help you to feel better too. I hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread