TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Points: 9,846, Level: 14 Points: 9,846, Level: 14 Points: 9,846, Level: 14

Angry Cutting. - April 7th 2011, 07:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, I am a pretty severely messed up teenager, and this just proved it:

I've always been very curious (in a twisted way) of the affects of a knife on the pale, thin, skin of ones wrist. I've done it before and I scared some of the people that I love pretty bad. I suppose when I did it then, it was because I was depressed and wanted to try it out. But today however, I was just curious. Curious as to the sting of a cold blade piercing the skin. Curious to see if blood would come out. So, I took a kitchen knife from a knife block and made one clear and neat line on my wrist. I didn't go deep at all. (Probably because I am too scared to see what would happen, which is good, because it shows that I'd be too scared to commit suicide.) And when it didn't come out the way I wanted, I made another just above it. This one did draw blood. And it did it faster than the other one. I got it calmed down now, it stopped bleeding and I put neosporin on it. So there are two questions to this.

1: What is wrong with me and why is this happening
2: Is there a way to keep it from poofing up and looking suspicious???

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

Last edited by *Jen*; April 7th 2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Trigger label added
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
1yr1a Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 8,733, Level: 13 Points: 8,733, Level: 13 Points: 8,733, Level: 13

Re: Cutting. - April 8th 2011, 01:54 PM

the answer to your questions
you are like me i didn't know if it would bleed or make me feel better so i tryed it and it worked and thats where the suffering spiral starts i have been addicted for about a year and a half and i am now trying to stop if you do it it only gets worse you will bleed more and might go as far as needing stitches (like i have) and its no good the scars are horribal and i get reminded of what iv done every day and if you want to hide them the where wrist bands or bracelets hope this helps you

I love sleep. My life has this tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.

If you want my help message me i will help everyone and everyone no one should be unheard.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
chility Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,554, Level: 13 Points: 8,554, Level: 13 Points: 8,554, Level: 13

Re: Cutting. - April 10th 2011, 06:55 PM

1. nothing wrong with you. everyone's curious sometimes to try different things, like smoking and stuff. it's part of being human.
2. put a plaster over it and pretend it was caused by something else and isn't as serious as it actually is! always works for me.

hope this helps
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Cutting. - April 12th 2011, 09:11 PM

Hey there,

I am really sorry you're feeling this way to self harm. It's a horrible place to be in.

Honestly? I don't think there's anything wrong with you. I don't think it makes you weird, crazy, a creep or anything else. You are you and this is just something you're experiencing right now. But you can start to feel better and live a life with out self harm.

However I want to remind you that you need to try and stay safe if you're cutting. Infections are early caught and it's important that you keep your wounds clean and so on.

As for not having anyone see your self harm on your wrist, you could cover it with a plaster and then wear bracelets or something over the top

I hope this helps.
Tale care.
Jessie.

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
Closed Thread