TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35

College Triggers - October 12th 2011, 12:28 PM

I'm in college just now and am struggling so much. I was stupid enough to put my blades in my bag this morning as a safety net.
Theres a new seating plan and the guy next to me keeps making comments. About slicing his thighs because someone annoys him. Him and another boy sat in front of me discussing the different ways to cut your arm and how to commit suicide that way. It keeps happening and it really bothers me. I can't talk to him or college support about it because I don't want them to know.
I've already locked myself in the toilets twice today and still don't know how I walked out cut free the second time. It's triggering me so much and I don't know how to deal with it.

Help, please?

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katie Lydia Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Points: 16,425, Level: 18 Points: 16,425, Level: 18 Points: 16,425, Level: 18

Re: College Triggers - October 12th 2011, 01:11 PM

Right your going to have to talk to your tutor, this isn't fair on you and it's triggering you in so many ways. Well done on staying cut free, i admire you so much for that. Ask to be moved or just make a note that your worried about these two boys and the tutor may have a word with them. Your at college to learn, not to be triggered!!

Razors pain you
Rivers are damp
Acid stains you
Drugs cause cramp
Guns aren't lawful
Nooses give
Gas smells awful
You might as well live.

♥ Family ♥ Animals ♥ Cats
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: College Triggers - October 12th 2011, 01:25 PM

Hi lovely.

I do agree with Katie. These boys shouldn't really talk about things like that when everyone knows it could affect someone in someone because we all know it's a sensitive matter. And you are their to learn and they're clearing making your education and learning process hard for you. It's not fair on you at all. I would definitely suggest speaking to your tutor, I am sure, actually, I am pretty positive they will understand and try and have a word with these boys and ask them to stop talking about it. I am also confident that she won't break your confidence, meaning so won't tell these boys that it was you who had a problem with them and spoke to her about them.

And I know it's hard but I suggest you try your best not to take anything to college which you can harm yourself with because then you've taken a way the massive problem of physically being able to do so. And if things do flare up at college and you're really struggling, is there someone from like student services you can contact or go and see?

I hope this helps. Please look after yourself.
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35

Re: College Triggers - October 12th 2011, 05:16 PM

Thanks Jess and Katie, I appreciate the replies. Maybe I was just overreacting, it upset me a lot at the time and still does bother me. I need to email student support anyway so I might mention it.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.
Closed Thread