TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,854, Level: 12 Points: 6,854, Level: 12 Points: 6,854, Level: 12

Question losing track of your goal/s? - October 4th 2012, 09:46 AM

My ultimate goal is to pass NCEA level 3/ Year 13 with at least a merit endorsement. I want to be part of a Faculty of medicinal sciences. I want to be a Doctor/dentist/nurse. I want to go to places where help is extremely needed. I want to help other people, improving their overall well-being. I might sound like a determined person, knowing what I exactly want, and what I needed to do to achieve them. But recently, I started to lose faith. Faith to my bestfriend, closefriends, teachers, peers, and even to myself. Everything seems to perfectly normal but why do I feel so empty? How can I gain my optimistic side again? As far as I now im managing a healthy lifestyle. Am i preparing the wrong future for myself? >_< so many questions for my first..uhmmm..post(?).
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21

Re: losing track of your goal/s? - October 4th 2012, 09:49 AM

Hey there, welcome to the site.
You sound like you have the same goals as me :P no joke. I want to be a doctor overseas in Papau New Guinea or somewhere where I can do some good

But, maybe you need to find the root of why you're losing your optimism, to see why you are losing faith.

I know that a few people here can give you advice but you're the one who needs to check and see if the options do anything.

Good luck,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,854, Level: 12 Points: 6,854, Level: 12 Points: 6,854, Level: 12

Smile Re: losing track of your goal/s? - October 4th 2012, 10:19 AM

awww thats so cool!

now that i think about the source, this might sound ridiculous, but ever since I learnt that my bestfriend is going out with this guy secretly and they you know....did stuff they should have waited for, i started to lose my optimism and bubbly personality. Im affected cause we were really like sisters. I feel guilty cause her parents are so fond of me and they trusted me. I used to say to myself that its ok if she uses me as a scapegoat once, but more than 3 times?? T^T sooo sad. i should have said no, and explain to her what i feel but i cant. im courageous enough to slap a guy who teased/bullied her.
gyaaaah..cant believe im letting this happen to myself. when did i became so uhmmm sad? >_<
thanks for ur help!! and yes, God loves us!
P.S u reminded m to read my bible tonight. thanks a lot! <3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21

Re: losing track of your goal/s? - October 4th 2012, 10:23 AM

That sucks. It's like me and my bestfriend, because her parents seperated and we were so close my mum is like her second mum, and T started smoking dope, partying with guys, getting drunk and experimenting (never actually losing virginity though, thank God) But it is still really bad.
So I know how that feels.

I'm glad I reminded you maybe we should talk more. We seem to have some things in common!

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
Closed Thread