TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cs032809 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Christina M.S.

Points: 6,806, Level: 12 Points: 6,806, Level: 12 Points: 6,806, Level: 12

Raped - November 21st 2012, 10:40 PM

i was about 6 my sister was 13 when my uncle started going into my sisters room at night trying too touch her. she spoke out and told my parents. he begged my sister too forgive him. when i was about 8 he started touching me . i never spoke out to anyone, i was being threatened by his words. i was scared to say anything. he went into my room everynight and try too touch me he was a different person throughout the day, He was the bestest uncle, the cool uncle everyone thought was the nice guy.the one that took me eveywhere without a hesitation. But at night the devil came out. IT WAS HORRIBLE ! i realized when i got oldder he wasnt being nice. when i was about 11, my brother saw him one day but didnt say nothing . one day my brother started arguing with my uncle and he said cmon tell my parents you go in at night and touch my little sister and he stayed quiet. they pulled me into the room where there was my mother on my right my dad holding me and my brother right infront of me asking me too tell my parents what he does too me , begging me too talk but i couldnt .. i was speechless, there staring at me was my uncle i broke down and i said he never has touched me !! we moved houses after that year. i hated that house. but i loved my nights! my uncle started working throughout the nights & i hated the house because our rooms were right next too eachother and our bathroom was in the middle. he would lock the bathroom and go too my bathroom . always found a way too hurt me :/ .... i hate coming home from school knowing he was home during the day ! i tryed my best too not be home when he was home, i took afterschool programing, i was in middle school 7 grade. i was shy, insecure! we moved that summer again :/, too a bigger house . me and my sisters rooms were right next too eachothers i started 8th grade at a new school, new friends, NEW BESTFRIEND! he would still go in my room at night his shirfts from work changed. made a friend across the street, i spent most of my time there, while my parents got home. Sooner me and that friend became closer, i turned 13 .. meet a boy couple months later .. me and my friend would play outside everyday she was almost 14 and she meet this guy named TJ , he and the boy made it official, my mother knew , also did my unlce. he tryed his best too seperate us and tell lies too my mother. so one day i told my friend from across that he was sexually abusing me not even 2 days pass and i wake up from a hug from my mom saying why i never said anything too her , i broke down and i automatically knew what she was talking about, we cried for hours and i told her i was scared. i didnt knoe what too say or who too tell. She told me she was sorry, i looked at her and said you have nothing too be sorry about! we cried and cried ! im 17 now and have insecurity problems. i dont let men or boys besides my boyfriend hug or touch me. i have hard time sleeping, i get frusterated and angry with myself, no one should stay quiet . dont be afriad too speak out and say something! - CS
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Raped - November 21st 2012, 11:32 PM

Hey there,

I am glad that you have shared this with us. I agree that speaking out about being abused is one of the greatest tools in healing! No one should ever be ashamed because it is not their shame to hold onto. I think that abusers feed off of that shame/fear/guilt. I am so happy that you were able to confide in someone about what happened to you.

The things you have talked about experiencing, trouble sleeping and fear of other men are normal 'side effects' of being abused but you should know that you can heal from the abuse you suffered. Healing from such things is a long and tedious process but it is worth it. Have you ever considered looking into counseling for this? I know counseling sounds scary but in the end counseling is an extremely beneficial tool to overcoming this. Another thing that could help is keeping a journal. I know that I keep a journal and there are times that I write about the abuse and the feelings that I am feeling because of it. Also, there were a few times that I wrote a letter to my abusers in that journal and it helped so much. The key is not keeping the feelings locked up inside.

Please know that you have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of or to feel guilty about. You are amazingly strong and you survived some horrific events but you will get through it and you will live an amazing life.

Please know that if you need anything I am here and more than willing to talk. And, once again thank you for sharing your story I know it took a lot of courage.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lori8118 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lori

Points: 6,990, Level: 12 Points: 6,990, Level: 12 Points: 6,990, Level: 12

Re: Raped - November 22nd 2012, 01:44 PM

I'm sorry this happened to you. You don't deserve this, and it's not your fault whatsoever. Your uncle took advantage of you, and it's good that you told someone an got an adult involved. Sexual abuse is hard to deal with alone. I would reccommend going to a professional for counseling, in order to feel more comfortable with men. Although its a scary thought, they really can make a world of a difference. Good luck, and stay strong<3
Closed Thread