TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CaRawooo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: CaRa

Points: 6,170, Level: 11 Points: 6,170, Level: 11 Points: 6,170, Level: 11

Is this considered rape or... - January 7th 2014, 01:33 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't know.. i have two situations here..

Guy#1: i was invited over to play video games at this guys house. I had known him since i was a little girl so i saw no threat from him. As soon as i had arrived he had started to try undress me.. after saying no many many times and trying to get away i had given up and he had done what he wanted with me because he was stronger and i couldn't get him to stop. I gave up and we had sex. I was 15 and he was 18. I already know it was statutory rape.. but was that rape considering i wasn't saying no until the end?

Guy#2: This guy came over to my house. Me and my friend were a tent in my back yard. He woke me up and said if i woke her up he would hurt me. So i didn't wake her up. He had my hair in a tight painful grip and was forcing oral. I was crying so bad and whenever i made noise he'd pull my hair harder. He tried getting my pants off but i was able to keep them on, so he touched me through them. I am not sure this is molesting, or sexual assault?

I feel as though i could have avoided this, but i let fear get the best of me. Was this my fault?
I need help, i am going to speak to an adult about this and want to know everything i can so i know what is coming.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Is this considered rape or... - January 7th 2014, 03:04 AM

Hey there,

Guy 1: If you said no to the person at any time then I believe it was rape. When you tell someone no it conveys to them that you are not willing to participate in the sexual activity that they are asking you to participate in. As such they should respect what you are saying and back down.

Guy 2: I think this incident would be described as sexual assault however I have very little knowledge about the different "categories" so I might be wrong on that one.

None of this was your fault. You were forced into these acts. And, from the sounds of it it doesn't seem like you could have done anything more to try and stop it. I think it would be a really good idea for you to try and talk to someone about all of this to work healing from these events.

I really hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
CaRawooo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: CaRa

Points: 6,170, Level: 11 Points: 6,170, Level: 11 Points: 6,170, Level: 11

Re: Is this considered rape or... - January 7th 2014, 11:07 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. I feel better knowing someone else's opinion is on my side for once.
Closed Thread