TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LadySerine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ayana

Points: 6,086, Level: 11 Points: 6,086, Level: 11 Points: 6,086, Level: 11

Exclamation Raped by my uncle? - December 15th 2014, 05:50 AM

My uncle was babysitting me while my mom is on a business trip. He was a last resort, since I met him once when I was 2. But she had been away for a week. 3 days ago, my uncle grabbed my butt while I was clearing the dishes. I smacked his hand away, and dropped my plate on my foot and it started bleeding really bad. Then he got all mad at me for getting blood on the floor. He grabbed me and took me into the bathroom and threw me into the bathtub. By this time I was screaming, and he punched me in the face and started taking my clothes off. He took his pants off too and forced me to to have sex with him. I can't say the other word. After he did that he took out 2 big metal things and shoved them into my butt and vagina. Then he grabbed my head and did it in my mouth. I called my mom that late that night when he was sleeping and told her the story. I called the cops, and he was arrested. But now, I can't even handle being in the same room with an adult guy I don't know very well, or anyone that looks remotely like my uncle. I can't talk with my friends or family without crying. I haven't been getting very much sleep at night because of nightmares. I feel really depressed, no matter how much people try to cheer me up. I haven't turned any of my homework or work in at school because I keep having flashbacks. I don't know what to do. I feel like if I have no control, then why should I keep doing this. I keep thinking of painful ways to kill myself. Can anyone help?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Raped by my uncle? - December 15th 2014, 06:54 AM

Hi there!

I'm so sorry that you had to go through such an awful experience but I'm really glad that you told someone about it. That alone shows how courageous you are! Never forget your courage, okay?

Seeing as your mom is aware of what you've been through, do you think you can talk to her and see if getting some counseling is an option? Counseling would really help you out. You need to get what you've been through and your feelings surrounding it out in the open to heal from it. A professional can help and support you while you process everything that you've endured. Here is a great resource that you can use to find a therapist in your area. I found my therapist on here and hopefully you can find one too!

It's completely understandable to be fearful of men right now. It's common in people that have been through things like this. Just try to remember that not every man is like your uncle; not every man is going to hurt you like you were hurt before.

Seeing as you've been through a lot lately it can't hurt to take some time off from school so you can take care of yourself. Do you think your mom would let you take some time off? If not, perhaps you can consider talking to your school counselor (or someone you trust at school) about this and how it's affecting your schoolwork. You only have to say what you're comfortable with, and hopefully you'll get some leeway if you decide to talk to someone at school about this.

Flashbacks can be tough to deal with sometimes. I think it might be better for you to work through them rather than try to prevent them, though. Try to remind yourself that you survived and you're in the present; you're safe now. Do you know of any grounding techniques? You can stomp your feet, hold a conversation with someone, sing loudly, or hug a stuffed animal.

As for your nightmares, I suggest keeping a journal beside your bed and documenting them if you have any. Perhaps you can sleep with a dim lamp or a nightlight on; that's helpful for some. Also consider watching some humorous things before falling asleep or thinking back to a memory that you're fond of.

You didn't have control of what your uncle did to you, but you still have control over other things in your life. Overall, my best advice for you is to healthily release your feelings and talk to other people about what you're going through. If you feel like you're going to hurt yourself, go to your local medical center or call one of these hotlines.

Please feel free to send me a message if you ever need anything.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Raped by my uncle? - December 15th 2014, 01:15 PM

that was a bad experience. but i reassure you, not all the guys you meet will be like that. The ones who are loving and nice actively hate rapists and will want nothing better than to see them jailed, or brought to justice. I think that you can slowly move on from this experience .. and maybe slowly overcome your trauma and flashbacks. Of course, i know it won't be simple. but it can be done. What happened in the past remains in the past, and you can overcome your painful memories of it. I know that a lot of other people have went through similar experiences, and they're all much happier now. It's going to be the same for you.. stay strong.

I think that you should actually get into more calming, peaceful stuff.. like humor movies and calming music, and doing happy healthy things like playing with friends, and enjoying yourself. Stay safe

You deserve to be happy, and i think that nothing will start off your happiness than a smile.. so here's hoping that's what my response will give you.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
Closed Thread