TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ColoradoXLove Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,508, Level: 14 Points: 9,508, Level: 14 Points: 9,508, Level: 14

Unhappy Rape caused break up - February 4th 2010, 10:41 PM

Last summer I was rapped by one of my friends. I started dating my (ex) boyfriend in august and we talked about it. After telling me how dumb I was about it he would randomly bring it up here and there, but today... He was tickling me and we were joking around and stuff and I was trying to get him to stop tickling me and all of a sudden he stood and said, "So I have a question, how come you can fight me off, but not him?". I told him that the guy who did that to me is stronger. My boyfriend immediately grabbed my arm and pulled me off of his couch to the floor and screamed "get the f**k out of my house". I was so terrified that I ran shaking out of his house. Just now on the phone he toldd me that I insulted him, and he then called me a whore and broke up with me.

I need someone elses input please.... i need help
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: Rape caused break up - February 4th 2010, 11:19 PM

Hey,
That was really insensitive of your boyfriend to do.
Maybe he found it a hard thing to deal with, a lot of guys find rape a really sensitive issue as well as women.
Part of it I think is not wanting a girl or woman to think they are being pushed into anything.

I think if your boyfriend could be this insensitive without considering your feelings he's probably not worth having, I wouldn't consider what you said an insult and I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me.
He had no need to do that.
I really do think you're better off without him.
Rape is a touchy subject anyway without bringing it up without consideration for someone who has been through such a traumatic experience's feelings.
I'm always here if you need to talk,
Paige xox
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Points: 25,720, Level: 23 Points: 25,720, Level: 23 Points: 25,720, Level: 23

Re: Rape caused break up - February 5th 2010, 03:40 AM

Hey there,

I hate to be blunt, but he does not deserve you if he treats you like that. Getting raped was not your fault, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You are not 'dumb' because it still bothers you, it's going to bother you, and it's not your fault. Some people are insensitive sometimes, try not to let him effect you, he's wrong.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to pm me.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 14,525, Level: 17 Points: 14,525, Level: 17 Points: 14,525, Level: 17

Re: Rape caused break up - February 5th 2010, 05:23 PM

hey.

just put it this way.. guys sometimes go by their feelings and say insensitive things. He does not know that if he feels bad, He DOES NOT know that you feel so much worse.

There are guys better than him out there =) He does not deserve to have you as a girlfriend.. plain and simple .

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Points: 18,336, Level: 19 Points: 18,336, Level: 19 Points: 18,336, Level: 19

Re: Rape caused break up - February 6th 2010, 12:05 AM

I think you might have insulted his manhood – saying that another guy is stronger isn’t what he wanted to hear, although he did way over reacted. Personally I wouldn’t want to be around someone that’s a ticking time bomb like that anyways.

No real man should ever treat a lady like that no matter what the case maybe. I think you made the right choice, you just got up and left – that could have gotten ugly.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Points: 13,034, Level: 16 Points: 13,034, Level: 16 Points: 13,034, Level: 16

Re: Rape caused break up - February 6th 2010, 05:12 PM

It seems as if he tested you to see if you could fight him off. And then when he saw you could, he thought that you instead slept with that guy who raped you and he thought you cheated on him. Summary --> It seems he thinks you cheated on him.

This was emotional anger from his part. It seems thats why he did this. But instead if you want you can try and talk to him and ensure him that you didn't cheat on him. Or you can let him go.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

Points: 14,663, Level: 17 Points: 14,663, Level: 17 Points: 14,663, Level: 17

Re: Rape caused break up - February 7th 2010, 04:17 AM

There is no excuse for what he did, your ex or your rapist. It's doesn't matter if you "insulted his manhood"; this is not about him. For your ex to make it about himself just shows what a selfish dick he was. It’s also not your issue why he treated you that badly; he is solely responsible for his own behavior, which is pretty damn awful. The assault was in no way your fault, and the way this boy acted is in no way your fault.

A lot of guys have horrible attitudes about rape, and unfortunately, it's usually because they think very little of womin. You do not deserve to be treated the way your ex or your rapist treated you. You are incredibly strong and amazing; if anyone tries to tell you otherwise, tell them to fuck off and that you're fabulous.

I wish you all the best. I hope you find someone to talk to who is understanding and caring; you can always come here. Mwah!

myspace.com/lonesome_fish for poetry. I like feedback sometimes. And I like smiley faces .
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
AdamWest Offline
Cool Dude
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,901, Level: 13 Points: 8,901, Level: 13 Points: 8,901, Level: 13

Re: Rape caused break up - February 7th 2010, 08:45 PM

I wish you the best as well, you'll come out in the end a stronger person for having to deal with all of this

Love life, reading, TV and music.. oh yeah and old Nickelodeon re-runs! Cheap books for any struggling college kids! http://www.booklookr.com
Closed Thread