TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Injectable Meds? - October 21st 2020, 11:26 PM

[SIZE="a"]So about five years ago I was on an injectable med. My doctor, after speaking to her this past weekend and earlier this week, feels I need to go back on an injection which I really do not want to do unless absolutely necessary. She feels that my symptoms will be more controlled with something more stable in my system rather than the pills. I'm not only worried about the cost but also of the effects it can have on me. Last time I first started an injection, I was extremely tired and had absolutely no motivation. Seeing as I'm going back to college here in another week, I really do not want to have those side effects. I also do not want to have to take a pill for tremors which I had to do with my injection.

I do not want to take the injection!!!!!! [/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Injectable Meds? - October 22nd 2020, 03:24 PM

The good thing about healthcare is, ultimately, you have all the choice. Your doctor cannot force you to take the injection. If you don't want to take the injection, don't take it. Try and explore other options with your doctor. There is probably one out there that can help your symptoms while also having less side effects. I would explain it like you have here to her and hopefully she can work with you to find something else.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Injectable Meds? - October 23rd 2020, 05:08 AM

You don't have to do it if you don't want. Talk to your doctor about your concerns and see if you all can come up with a resolution. There are going to be pros and cons to everything you do. You have to decide what you think is best.
Closed Thread