TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RedVelvet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,078, Level: 5 Points: 1,078, Level: 5 Points: 1,078, Level: 5

I feel invisible... - October 28th 2020, 05:43 PM

Hello, so I am here because I feel invisible.
Everytime I ask a question my question gets pushed to the side and the person I asked goes on with their day. My mom always pushes my questions aside and goes back and doesn't answer my questions until 30 minutes after. I also have to make loud noises to get someones attention as if my voice wasn't enough. I get bullied and picked on but no one helps. Do I even exist? Does anyone care? These are all questions I think of on a daily basis.
Please help.
- Velvet
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47

Re: I feel invisible... - October 28th 2020, 07:51 PM

Hello and welcome to Teenhelp It is wonderful that you have joined Thank you so much for telling us all about what you have been going through and I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon. When we are going through something and we go to a parent for help, it is not a good feeling when we are trying to tell them about what we are upset about, when they are not listening to what we are saying. Would you be able to try writing a letter to your parents about what you have been going through and how all of this makes you feel, then put it on your parents bed or somewhere else that they will see it. Are you able to talk to the school counselor or a teacher at school that you like and let them know how this is making you feel. Sometimes we can ask our teachers or the school counselors to help us to talk to our parents. They can set up a time and you all talk together about this. Sometimes it can help having someone else with you to help you, so that you can talk to your parents. I hope that it will get better for you. Hugs to help.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: I feel invisible... - October 28th 2020, 08:33 PM

Hey there, I'm sorry you're feeling as if nobody cares about you or is paying attention to you. I completely get that feeling, especially when it comes to certain people we expect to pay attention to us on some level, such as our parents. Perhaps you can sit your mom down during a calm and quiet moment, when there are no other distractions, and have a discussion with her about how you're feeling; and not only that, but whenever you want to bring up anything you feel is worth discussing.

Being bullied and picked on by others, especially by peers at school or at work, is certainly no fun. Believe me, I know; it hurts when nobody pays any attention to what's going on or, worse, they don't believe what you're saying is true. I suggest keeping track of every incident and, if necessary, who it happened with and when; when you compile something decent, such as a page or two, then present it to the appropriate person... such as a teacher, a parent, or a supervisor.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have to. I hope to see you around!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: I feel invisible... - November 1st 2020, 12:42 PM

You've received some good responses already but I just wanted to add that sometimes people may take a while to respond to us if they are busy or feel they need to take time to think before responding to you. I do agree with the other responses in trying to find time to sit down and talk with your mom, perhaps when she isn't busy and is calm to talk about things, and mention that you feel pushed aside. She may not necessarily mean to do this but your feelings are still valid.

No-one should be bullying or picking on you. If this is happening at school then it is worth taking note of the events and reporting them to a teacher.

People do care. At the very least, you've got the TeenHelp community

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
HowrdJns89 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Howard

Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4

Re: I feel invisible... - March 26th 2021, 05:36 PM

maybe you have problems with anxiety, I had this and I generally began to notice that everything turned into depression, I just [Edited] and went to the doctor

Last edited by Celyn; March 26th 2021 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Link leading users off-site
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10

Re: I feel invisible... - August 5th 2021, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
No-one should be bullying or picking on you.
And they don't have the right to bully you.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
katiemoor Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 376, Level: 3 Points: 376, Level: 3 Points: 376, Level: 3

August 13th 2021, 05:43 AM

ooh, hello, dear

I am so sorry

to hear this

I hope you will be all right

Last edited by Ennui.; August 13th 2021 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Please include all thoughts in one reply.
Closed Thread