TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11

no hope for me - January 5th 2021, 09:15 PM

I AM PISSED, UPSET AND HURT. I DO NOT NEED SOMEONE OT TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I JUST NEED SOME CARING, EMPATHY AND COMPSSION RIGHT NOW. I AM SO HURT.

I was UPRONT with this therapist about what mental disorders I had before seeing her and she had the paperwork with more information about me BEFORE the appointment. Also I was upfront about being disappointed and not wanting to be this time so I was being upfront with everything so I wouldn't get disappointed again. After knowing all that information about me BEFORE seeing her she said yes she could. So I saw her for one appointment and the next day I get a call saying she won't see me

I AM PISSED BECAUSE I specifically told her before making an appointment with any one of the therapists that I did not want to be disappointed again. I also was up front with about what mental disorders I had before seeing the therapist . They also had my paperwork before my therapy appointment started. Therefore they had all the information they needed before having me make an appointment and before the appointment to tell me none of the therapists in this practice will see me based off the information I gave them before seeing any one of them but you did they do that NO. I should have my money back because I was up front about what services I needed and they said before the appointment happened that the therapist could provide that service to me. So since they said she could provide that service to me I made an appointment. I want my money back because I was not given the service that I paid for.

I AM SOOO PISSED THAT I CAN NOT FIND A THERAPSIT THAT I KEEP WASTING MY MONEY AND SEEING THERAPITS ONE TIME AND THEN THEY LEAVE ME SAY THEY CAN'T SEE ME. I AM SICK OF IT.

I AM DONE TRYING. I HAVE GIVEN UP HOPE. I AM DONE WITH THIS F UP MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM AND WORLD.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: no hope for me - January 5th 2021, 09:19 PM

OH WOW Big shocker. THEY ARE REFUNDING MY MONEY BACK. I AM SO SURPISED. THEY ARE actually giving me my money back. This is a first.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: no hope for me - January 5th 2021, 09:40 PM

I am sorry you keep encountering this situation with therapists (though I am glad this one is giving you a refund). I imagine it's hurtful and frustrating. But keep in mind that a therapy relationship is a relationship, and that takes two people. No matter if something looks good on paper, you really don't know if it's going to work out until you meet and can reach a better assessment of one another in person. A diagnosis (or diagnoses) doesn't really tell a therapist anything about you as a person or how they're going to interact with you. If they don't feel it's a fit, that's valid, and they aren't obligated to see you just because you're giving money to them. Frankly I think it's good they told you they won't be seeing you early on instead of getting a few sessions in, when you're attached and feel trusting and vulnerable, and then tell you then. I know it hurts, but I think that, if it had to happen, it's good it happened this way.

As for telling someone you've been disappointed before and so you're hoping it will save you from future disappointment, that is not a given. I used to run into this problem with dating app matches: I had a bunch of disappointing experiences so I started telling new matches that I'd been disappointed before in hopes that our dates would be better. They weren't, most of the time. I know dating isn't exactly the same as finding a therapist, but both dating and therapy are putting yourself out there to form a relationship, and both can leave you hurt. My hope is that you continue to remain open to therapy and, hopefully, eventually you'll find a fit. Just remember: it takes both of you to make it work.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: no hope for me - January 5th 2021, 10:17 PM

Thanks. That makes sense.
A long time ago it was so easy for me to find a therpaist. I am not sure why it is so hard now. I think times are changing which is sad. It seems no one wants to take any one with bpd high functioning any more and they just want to pass them off to only the people that strictly do DBT when a person high functioning bpd does not need strictly DBT. It's all stigmatizing them acting like the only therpay a person that has bpd can do is dbt which is not true and not right. A person with high functioning bpd especially can see a regular therapist and get better. It doesn't have to be always a dbt therapist.

I saw a regular therapist for a whole year a few years ago so that proves that regular therapits have seen people with bpd and it is possible.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: no hope for me - January 6th 2021, 12:59 AM

I hear what you are saying. It's true, a person with BPD doesn't ONLY benefit from DBT. But DBT was created specifically with that client population in mind, and it does remain considered, overall in the therapy world, the best course of treatment for BPD clients. I feel you, though. Whenever I go back to a higher level of care, like IOP, I sometimes feel frustrated they automatically put me in DBT. But the skills refresher is good and I find it helps. My individual therapist is not strictly DBT, but we weave some of those elements into our sessions. Overall I find it's a good balance, to have some DBT and some not DBT in my therapeutic life. I hope you can find the same.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: no hope for me - January 11th 2021, 02:58 AM

Yes, thank you.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
HowrdJns89 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Howard

Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4

Re: no hope for me - March 26th 2021, 05:31 PM

Faith must always be, you must believe in yourself!
Closed Thread