TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mylifee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,285, Level: 13 Points: 8,285, Level: 13 Points: 8,285, Level: 13

Question do i have an eating disorder? - January 4th 2011, 10:38 PM

i know how important it is to eat the amount of calories you need in a day.
but, sometimes i can't control myself. i eat one thing, then another, then another, and soon enough, i have eaten over [Edited by Jen-weight numbers] at once! then i feel SO guilty.

at school, i don't eat. some days i cant get myself to eat much without crying. but then, i always go back to stuffing my face.

i have been trying to lose weight for about a year. i lost [Edited], months ago. then i gained [Edited] and now im trying SO hard not to gain anymore.

do i have a problem? what is it called?
how can i fix it?

Last edited by Jen; January 4th 2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight or calorie numbers; it's against the Terms of Service
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
alex2010 Offline
Self Harm Awareness Advocate
Average Joe

Name: Alex Short

Points: 10,028, Level: 14 Points: 10,028, Level: 14 Points: 10,028, Level: 14

Re: do i have an eating disorder? - January 5th 2011, 12:25 AM

i dont know much about eating disorders but from what your saying, i'm assuming you might have an eating disorder.

~Alex

Last day I cut: 7-13-2010

I believe in everyone that I help that they will get over whatever they are struggling with.

I regret nothing in my past. My past made me who I am today.

There is freedom from self harm feel free to email me anytime if you wanna chat at:
alexshort154@yahoo.com

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Points: 11,957, Level: 15 Points: 11,957, Level: 15 Points: 11,957, Level: 15

Re: do i have an eating disorder? - January 5th 2011, 12:29 AM

I think you should got on an exercising plan and see a nutrionists! This could turn into an eating disorder if you dont get the help , it will be harder to stop later.

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19

Re: do i have an eating disorder? - January 5th 2011, 12:32 AM

None of us here are doctors so really we can't diagnose you, but by the sounds of it, you have very disordered eating. See that could be a form of Bulimia, where the sufferer will binge, then use starvation as a 'purge' method, as opposed to vomiting.
The fact you say you don't eat at school does suggest you may not like eating in front of others, which is typical eating disorder behaviour, as you may feel embarrased about eating. I can tell you don't feel quite so normal around food as the average person, so I would definately say you have disordered eating, and may even have EDNOS (which is Eating Disorder not otherwise Specified) which basically means you have the habits of one or more eating disorders but are not severe enough to be diagnosed with one particular ED.

I will provide a link that might help, but there are many other sites around that will help. Just go on google. But the best people to ask are the medical professionals They will be able to diagnose if necessary and provide any extra help that can get you back to normal

http://www.eatingdisordersonline.com/explain/ednos.php
Closed Thread