TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dorris Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,923, Level: 8 Points: 2,923, Level: 8 Points: 2,923, Level: 8

Acne problems - October 4th 2019, 10:24 AM

I had no acne problem in my young days. I have fair skin and, my friends were jealous of me for having perfect skin. Indeed, even my sister endured a lot of breakout during her young days and, I felt fortunate for having healthy skin.

As I gradually stepped out of the high school days and, got into adulthood, my hormone level got changed. I started developing small breakouts on my forehead. Finally, it spread to cheeks and, it cannot be considered pimples anymore. It has turned into huge red acne. I have arrived at a condition where I will have at least two skin break out at regular intervals. New ones started to pop out even before the old ones began recovering. The post skin inflammation marks are dull purplish in shading.

I have heard that chemical peel treatments [Edited] from Toronto are effective in reducing acne. Is there anybody over here who have tried chemical peel for reducing acne? How was your experience? Please share!

Last edited by Celyn; October 10th 2019 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Link leading users off-site
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Echo 7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,098, Level: 6 Points: 2,098, Level: 6 Points: 2,098, Level: 6

Re: Acne problems - October 9th 2019, 03:25 PM

Though I haven't suffered acne much, I suggest you first ask your doctor to see if there is an antibiotic available, as I'm pretty sure there is one specially for acne. A General Practitioner's advice, I think to be on the safe side should be your first step. And welcome to Teen Help.

The strongest steel is forged in fire.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Mirabye Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mirra

Points: 1,339, Level: 5 Points: 1,339, Level: 5 Points: 1,339, Level: 5

Re: Acne problems - May 29th 2020, 02:33 PM

Yes, I also had problems with that acne, but I found a hooshengo dermatologist who balanced my diet, helped me normalize the sebaceous glands, and taught me how to properly care for my face. It helped and I got rid of acne.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Panda Solo Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Not a n00b

Name: Leah

Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13

Re: Acne problems - September 1st 2020, 01:46 AM

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I am sorry that you are going throught this.
Acne has long been an serious problem to me too, ever since my early teen. Now, I have
However, I wouldn't try chemical peel treatment up front, because any peel treatment, to some degree, involves the action of granding and abrasion the skin surface to get rid of the dead skin cell by physical or chemical means. This action is very likely to irritate skin, cause inflammation, and furthermore enlarge pores and sebaceous excretion.
There are many natural and non-aggressive way to reduce inflammation, balance hormonal level, and calm down those sebaceous glands, and I highly surrgest you to see a dermatologist first to see what kind of acne you have right now to make further move.
I hope your skin gets better soon!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
rosemiller Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 748, Level: 4 Points: 748, Level: 4 Points: 748, Level: 4

Re: Acne problems - February 9th 2021, 11:42 AM

I thinks acne appears because you eat fried food or fat food, sugar and etc. Or maybe it because of hormone imbalance.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ernest432 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 991, Level: 4 Points: 991, Level: 4 Points: 991, Level: 4

Re: Acne problems - February 19th 2021, 05:18 AM

With aging your skin might face many issues, which can be solved by proper care and treatment. It often get worsed due to the use of unauthorized product to solve that issue. I'd suggest you to always use authorized products, and the best scenario is to care your skin before any skin problem. [Edited] you can see the skin care routine which you can implement to make your skin glowing and healthy.

Last edited by Celyn; February 19th 2021 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Link leading users off-site
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10

Re: Acne problems - March 19th 2021, 09:22 AM

I am currently suffering from this unexplainable acne on my cheek. It really makes me worse!
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
merlinbennie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 413, Level: 3 Points: 413, Level: 3 Points: 413, Level: 3

Re: Acne problems - August 25th 2021, 09:23 AM

Acne has been linked to low self-esteem, depression, and anxiety in numerous studies. Acne sufferers may avoid social gatherings with friends and relatives. It may no longer seem beneficial to pursue a career advancement or try out for a sport.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
dandycasper78 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 148, Level: 1 Points: 148, Level: 1 Points: 148, Level: 1

Re: Acne problems - December 23rd 2021, 12:36 PM

what is brand you prefer for acne fighting ?
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
hendertik Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2

Re: Acne problems - January 4th 2022, 11:29 AM

I've tried AHA peeling. I hate the feelings during and after the peeling effect. My skin became very dry inside out. There are many alternative treatments that are safer, definitely more effective.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
dandycasper78 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 148, Level: 1 Points: 148, Level: 1 Points: 148, Level: 1

Thumbs up Re: Acne problems - January 6th 2022, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendertik View Post
I've tried AHA peeling. I hate the feelings during and after the peeling effect. My skin became very dry inside out. There are many alternative treatments that are safer, definitely more effective.
recently we talked about this with a dermatologist, and so, there was also such a problem from aha acids. firstly, they are aggressive, so you need to use them in a very metered manner. secondly, perhaps such a reaction is due to the use of additional funds for the face? for example cream after with retinol. in general, I want to say that the care should be comprehensive and you definitely should not be limited to only one peel.
She also helped me find my care. She praised the company AENO very much (maybe paid advertising), I have not seen such a thing before. They have an acne product with aha acids in their line. This cream is quite fatty and absolutely does not cause dryness after. It suited my dry skin)

(#12 (permalink)) Old
kirilpopinin Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3

Re: Acne problems - January 27th 2022, 05:22 PM

Yes, I had problems with those pimples too, but I found a good dermatologist who balanced my diet, helped normalize my sebaceous glands, and taught me how to properly care for my face. It helped, and I got rid of my acne.
Closed Thread