TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Julie's previous Covid - December 29th 2020, 08:17 AM

This morning our postman of La Poste Monaco admitted to us that he may have been responsible for transmitting Coronavirus to Julie last spring. He and Julie went down with coronavirus the same day she took delivery of a plastic covered parcel, but she didn't wash her hands after opening it, she said. It seems too much of a coincidence. But that morning she genuinely forgot. Our postman humbly apologised, but we forgave him anyway. We thought that was caring and so lovely of him to say that.

Of course, nothing could be proven, but Julie was hospitalized soon after as was our postman.

I have no data on how long coronavirus lives on surfaces since so many websites' info varies. But not intending to sound preachy, I cannot stress the importance of washing one's hands, especially after handling incoming parcels, letters to our homes, but also being mindful to wash our mitts regularly.

Like so many, I am deeply concerned about coronavirus infection, but providing we continue being sensible of social distancing, mask wearing and regular hand sanitizing/washing, then we stand a greater chance. And hopefully soon a covid vaccine.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Julie's previous Covid - January 12th 2021, 09:20 AM

Hey Wendi, I'm sorry this didn't get a reply sooner!

I think one of the most worrying things about this virus is tracing it back to how you got it is so difficult. It's entirely possible the postman passed it on, but equally possible he didn't! It was lovely of him to keep you informed though, he sounds like a nice person.

Washing your hands is definitely important! When I think back to the BC days (before coronavirus ) I feel really uncomfortable that I didn't wash my hands after handling things from the supermarket or getting off the bus. It's weird how quickly attitudes changed! It's nice to know there are other people taking the precautions too.

Hope you and Julie are safe!

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Julie's previous Covid - January 12th 2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
Hey Wendi, I'm sorry this didn't get a reply sooner!

I think one of the most worrying things about this virus is tracing it back to how you got it is so difficult. It's entirely possible the postman passed it on, but equally possible he didn't! It was lovely of him to keep you informed though, he sounds like a nice person.

Washing your hands is definitely important! When I think back to the BC days (before coronavirus ) I feel really uncomfortable that I didn't wash my hands after handling things from the supermarket or getting off the bus. It's weird how quickly attitudes changed! It's nice to know there are other people taking the precautions too.

Hope you and Julie are safe!
Nevermind Hollie - it's not a problem your missing my post. You're a busy piggy like all of us!

Good news first, Hollie! Julie and I were vaccinated this morning so we had to crawl out of bed, similar to crabs after an interrupted night from a nightmare, only to stumble down to the hospital and queue. Glad to have brought Julie's wheelchair, we waited from 8AM to 9, and it was only a little scratch, then we went home to chill out with mugs of tea.

Latest news from MonacoLife: https://monacolife.net/critical-situ...-the-epidemic/

Covid is on the rebound in our mini-home state. It's very safe here, though. 910 CCTV cameras, 580-odd policemen and a population of 37,000 discounting those who have vanished in their posh yachts to warmer, safer parts of the world (if any!). But at home we've decided to stay in until our immunity increases. That didn't stop cycling yesterday and I was tempted to skateboard down railing since there are no tourists to 'accidentally' nudge into the drink, lol. best we stay in with a chest freezer stocked to the top!

It was true, as far as we'd guessed, that Julie got coronavirus when she handed postal cartons and letters, and same for me. This was the 1st wave when stupidly we didn't wash our hands. Had we, and what led to us being affected by Covid-19 may never have happened!

Since that very 'dark' time, Maman and I fixed up overhead and table UV lamps whose motion sensors and timers clicked on/off at nightfall to disinfect all the rooms except our bedroom. Strong UV when saturating every nook and cranny may have been expensive, but what price was Julie's life? And Maman's and mine? Our decision may have been OTT, but adding bunches of hand sanitizers at strategic places and lots of hand washing after the sanitzer's alcohol, kept our hands and forearms free from intolerance of sanitizer's brutality to skin. OTT again. but at least our hands had no more gremlins.

Hand washing is now habit!

We are safe, but hope our maman is since she's gone off to Paris on a travel permit and been vaccinated. She's got burnout since her girlfriend ghosted her, but she has a boyfriend met at the 2019 Burning Man, so she'll be alright. As for us, our next ordeal is keeping ourselves happy despite 'Pandemic depression' that is settling in. We have plenty to read and Netflix and telly (and maybe a bottle or two)

The 1st wave, peoples' anxiety lifted, most certainly schoolchildren, those who were bullied, and everyone seemed a lot more lax but happy to be off school or work. But come the 3rd lockdown in the UK, we read a great many are sick and tired from having their movements restricted. With the threat of police fines, nobody is happy.

We're happy, though. 7PM curfew will really help lower this terrible virus' infections. We hope! But everyone is getting vaccinated.

Julie's Long Covid is improving though I'll still carry her around the house if necessary. We are happy. And I am happy being home - in Teen Help!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,623, Level: 42 Points: 88,623, Level: 42 Points: 88,623, Level: 42

Re: Julie's previous Covid - January 13th 2021, 07:46 AM

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that Julie had COVID and I hope she is better.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PestHit Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 798, Level: 4 Points: 798, Level: 4 Points: 798, Level: 4

Re: Julie's previous Covid - January 21st 2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight. View Post
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that Julie had COVID and I hope she is better.
I agree.......
Closed Thread