TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rika Offline
Chat Buddy

Junior TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/they

Points: 13,432, Level: 16 Points: 13,432, Level: 16 Points: 13,432, Level: 16

Exercise balls for back pain or just in general - April 14th 2022, 03:09 PM

I see these exercise balls which really think would help for people with back/low back pain. Does anyone have experience using an exercise ball?

I do plan to get one, if not just get a better computer chair. I need a new one badly.

Here's a link to one for example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DK9QZV9...4S2NY799FS5YAV

It's just an interesting idea is all.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46

Re: Exercise balls for back pain or just in general - April 14th 2022, 11:41 PM

I bought one of these when I had a back injury a few years ago and I've gotten some good use out of it since then. I don't use it as a regular chair but it does come in handy for stretching and exercising; since my job is very physically demanding part of my after-work routine involves using my exercise ball to stretch out my back/shoulder muscles, and it not only helps prevent injuries and stiffness but it also just feels really good. I'd definitely recommend them!

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rika Offline
Chat Buddy

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Exercise balls for back pain or just in general - April 15th 2022, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingless. View Post
I bought one of these when I had a back injury a few years ago and I've gotten some good use out of it since then. I don't use it as a regular chair but it does come in handy for stretching and exercising; since my job is very physically demanding part of my after-work routine involves using my exercise ball to stretch out my back/shoulder muscles, and it not only helps prevent injuries and stiffness but it also just feels really good. I'd definitely recommend them!
Yes, I have seen some mostly use it if their job is like an office job and they sit all day long. It's good for that too I read online! Seems quite interesting, may consider one then.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rika Offline
Chat Buddy

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Exercise balls for back pain or just in general - April 21st 2022, 03:16 PM

Update: I still am considering this. I may ask for a new referral to physical therapy, do that whole session, and then if nothing ask for a referral to pain management. I gotta do physical therapy or attempt it before that pain management referral.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Exercise balls for back pain or just in general - April 24th 2022, 01:34 PM

Rika,

I believe such a ball is a great tool for allieviating back pain. The Internet offers numerous resources in that matter (how to use them properly, what kind of exercises to do etc.).

A lot depends on your motivation - this ball can help you with your pain, but, as with all exercises, you need to be consistent.

All the best
S

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Rika Offline
Chat Buddy

Junior TeenHelper

Re: Exercise balls for back pain or just in general - January 18th 2023, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvan View Post
Rika,

I believe such a ball is a great tool for allieviating back pain. The Internet offers numerous resources in that matter (how to use them properly, what kind of exercises to do etc.).

A lot depends on your motivation - this ball can help you with your pain, but, as with all exercises, you need to be consistent.

All the best
S
This is sooo true. I know that my last attempt doing PT they even pretty much said on the paper I got that it is on you to do your exercises at home. You need to be consistent with them and do them as many times a day or so as your physical therapist assigns. I never did go back to try physical therapy again, but may try the clinic my father went to instead.

I honestly was expecting a slight bit more out of PT back then, but realized that what you said is true. A lot of is does rely on you and being consistent.
Closed Thread