TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
abnormal girl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,837, Level: 12 Points: 7,837, Level: 12 Points: 7,837, Level: 12

addiction - May 15th 2012, 02:13 AM

im so addicted to cutting it just makes me feel better and i usually do it were noone can see like my hips but i had a terrible urge to do it on my wrist and i did. i made 3 cuts across my wrist and a doctor saw and mom i told them it was nothing and i got yelled at
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: addiction - May 15th 2012, 03:57 AM

Hi there,

I'm sorry things are hard for you right now but i'm really glad you've come to us here at teenhelp.

Some people do find self harm a bit like an addiction. But that doesn't mean that recovory isn't possible because it honestly is and always will be.

Did both your doctor and mum yell at you? Sometimes if people haven't been through it themselves, they can't relate or understand so it can mean they react in a 'harsh' way. Your mum cares about you and i would try and not to think about her reaction too much or too deeply. I'm sure she just wants you to be ok.

I dont know if there is a reason to why you self harm but know that we're always here for you if yoy need us at all. You're not alone and you can get through this. You need to believe in yourself.

Keep safe and let people in,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
Closed Thread