TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
raynab Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rayna

Points: 3,513, Level: 8 Points: 3,513, Level: 8 Points: 3,513, Level: 8

Does this even count as addiction? - December 14th 2017, 09:42 PM

I have an addiction to running away. I've done so about fifteen times now, and when im not on the run i feel like im missing a vital part of me. I crave the release of leaving, even though I always fuck up and get taken back.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Mynesseduplife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,237, Level: 8 Points: 3,237, Level: 8 Points: 3,237, Level: 8

Re: Does this even count as addiction? - December 14th 2017, 10:16 PM

Its not really and addiction...in my opinion its more of a habit...to me addiction and habits have a fine line.
For instance...you have a habit of tapping your feet when you're angry,nervous or waiting
And you are addicted to cigarettes when stressed or angry

Last edited by Mynesseduplife; December 14th 2017 at 10:17 PM. Reason: grammatical error
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Does this even count as addiction? - December 15th 2017, 01:54 AM

Hey,

I don't think it is an addiction per say. It maybe a comfort thing. Like when you feel things are getting hard, or overwhelming you just need to leave and get away. I do not think this is healthy at all. I think maybe you should talk to someone about this, maybe a therapist. That way they can help you deal with the stuff you are running away from.

If you ever need to talk I am just a PM/VM away.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Does this even count as addiction? - December 15th 2017, 05:22 PM

I agree that this is probably more of an unhealthy coping skill more so than an addiction. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that this isn't the best way to be living and it would probably benefit you to try and talk to someone about what is driving you to want to run away.

It might be hard to figure out the exact cause but the more you talk the easier that might get. If you can, it might be beneficial to seek out a counselor or something like that or maybe a school psychologist.

I am wishing you the best of luck and if you need anything please feel free to message me.
Closed Thread