TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Name: April

Points: 10,315, Level: 14 Points: 10,315, Level: 14 Points: 10,315, Level: 14

Unhappy Uh Oh Alcohol - January 6th 2009, 04:56 PM

Hello,
Let me first start out by saying that I know it is not wise to drink, nor do I promote it. So this past week was my first time trying alcohol. I was with my best friend and we did it at her house, just us 2. So I started drink as did she. See I didn't know my limit so I just kept going. My problem here is that I got a little out of control. So I don't recall much of what happened during a certain time frame. Well during that time I got a little crazy and called a bunch of guys (so I have been told) and I told them I would do sexual acts with them and texted them as well. Well My issue here is I don't talk to the boys at school that I did this too. I am completely embarassed and the one boy who I happened to call and text is my crush. What i wanted to know is it okay to apologize or should I wait until someone brings up the topic? I keep to myself at school and I don't socialize much at all. Any hints or tidbits of advice are greatly appreciated. And for all of you out there I am NOT doing this for a very very long time. Thanks again.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
primus diddy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Points: 12,014, Level: 15 Points: 12,014, Level: 15 Points: 12,014, Level: 15

January 6th 2009, 05:26 PM

I would just call them all up and apologize. No need to make a big thing about it. You should take care of it soon before news of it gets around the school and nasty rumors are spread.

Did you learn a lesson?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Points: 16,527, Level: 18 Points: 16,527, Level: 18 Points: 16,527, Level: 18

January 6th 2009, 08:35 PM

I agree with Primis, you should call them all and just apologize for what happened and explain it was a mistake and nothing will be happening. But also make sure from your friend that she was telling the truth because she could have been lying and you have made another fool of yourself.
You don't want nasty rumors going around since you do usually keep to yourself. I wouldn't want that for you.
This can happen the first time you drink thats why you should never drink that much if you do decide to drink. I hope you learned something from this and I am glad you have decided to wait to drink. Prefrably until you are 21 and can make responsible decisons when it comes to alcohol.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Banana_choc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: KT

Points: 9,881, Level: 14 Points: 9,881, Level: 14 Points: 9,881, Level: 14

January 6th 2009, 08:45 PM

Talk to your friend to make sure that happened/look at your phone for a history.

call and apologize if necessary.

be more careful next time.

I always said I would never drink. Then I decided to give it a try (before 21 for me). Though i've never gotten drunk or had a hangover. I learned from watching how to be responsible and to know my limits and that is something to take the time and learn.. its well worth while. I for one never want to be the one with my head in the toilet.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

January 6th 2009, 09:33 PM

Thanks for all the help. Of course I have learned my lesson. And my friend is telling the truth because of my call log and from the one person i called talked to me about the whole ordeal. And I have apologized to everyone but the one kid that I like. I will apologize to him in person once I go back to school. Thanks so much, and while it was a little fun, I don't want to do it again until I am able to drink legally.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Points: 16,527, Level: 18 Points: 16,527, Level: 18 Points: 16,527, Level: 18

Re: Uh Oh Alcohol - January 7th 2009, 05:54 AM

Well Im glad that is was the truth. I hope you feel much better for apologizing and setting things straight. Also glad that you found that alcohol is not for you until your of age. It should be like that for everyone.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Marionette. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 19,538, Level: 20 Points: 19,538, Level: 20 Points: 19,538, Level: 20

Re: Uh Oh Alcohol - January 8th 2009, 06:15 PM

Personally, I would only talk and apologize to the guys I know personally and well.
As they're the ones who are most likely to understand and not make a big deal out of it.

You can drink and have a good, sensible, time, just know your limits.
Stay safe

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Re: Uh Oh Alcohol - January 11th 2009, 05:35 PM

Thanks everyone. All of your comments have been deeply thoughtful and I have taken to using all advice. And I have apologized and don't feel as bad, people can be more understanding than I thought.
Closed Thread