TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,160, Level: 17 Points: 14,160, Level: 17 Points: 14,160, Level: 17

alcohol tolerance - February 19th 2012, 06:43 PM

I drink about 2 nights a week and have been doing so for about 3 years now. I have felt very sick before like to the point of almost throwing up but i always either sleep it off or take motion sickness pills because throwing up is like my biggest fear. (i havent thrown up in 7 years) i just feel like i need to get over this fear though especially because my 21st birthday is coming up! any advice?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
LostAngels Offline
Glam Rocker/Classic Violinist
Average Joe

Name: Jordan Lorraine

Points: 9,414, Level: 14 Points: 9,414, Level: 14 Points: 9,414, Level: 14

Re: alcohol tolerance - February 20th 2012, 06:46 PM

First of all, (and I don't mean to rant and rave about unsafe drug interactions, but it's relevant and should be mentioned), I don't believe taking motion sickness medication (diphynhidrinate), after drinking to the point of nauseated, is a particularly smart idea.

That being said, there's really nothing you can do here. If you feel the desire to drink that much, you're going to throw up, whether it be in the morning or that night. It's your body's way of getting rid of as much alcohol as possible so you don't 'overdose'.

If you do somehow discover a way to avoid puking that doesn't involve abstinence, than your body is going to succumb to alcohol poisoning.
The point at which you begin puking is the first step to that.

Anyways, I guess my point is, just don't drink that much. And when you are drinking a lot, remember to drink a glass of water at least once every hour. That helps flush your system a bit.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" - Stephen Roberts
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Points: 11,660, Level: 15 Points: 11,660, Level: 15 Points: 11,660, Level: 15

Re: alcohol tolerance - February 26th 2012, 07:59 PM

Throwing up is your bodies way of telling you to stop. As Jordan has said, don't take any medications to prevent yourself from throwing up. It could have adverse effects.

The best advice I can give you is to never drink on an empty stomach. Drink slowly, don't down your drinks. The second you feel your stomach start to churn, put your alcohol to one side and have a pint of water. Give yourself time to re-coop, rehydrate yourself, etc.

I haven't the first clue as to how you would over come a fear of throwing up. It's an inevitable part of life really. I suppose work out what scares you so much about it and tackle the problem from there. Good luck!
Closed Thread