TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bigbrown Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alvin George

Points: 10,070, Level: 14 Points: 10,070, Level: 14 Points: 10,070, Level: 14

IM 14 AND IM ADDITED TO ALCOHOL - April 26th 2009, 03:12 AM

im only 14 and i already know that alcohol is bad for u but some of my friends have tried alcohol and told me it was very good. my friend paul (who is one of my friends who drinks alcohol) invited me to his b-day party with alot of my other friends. during the party when paul's mom left the room he opened a bottle of vodka and put some vodka in our drinks.another one of my best friends tried it and said it tasted very good so i tried it to see how it is and i liked it alot. now when im at home alone i really want to get some of my dad's alcoholic drinks and jus drink alot of it. i know drinking alcohol for my age is illegal but it jus taste so good. my dad is an alcoholic so he has a lot of different alcoholic drinks like beer, vodka,rum and i jus wana drink them. i dont wana b an alcoholic and jus throw away my life for something like this. idk wat to do????

!*{God Bless you}*!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
swimmer92 Offline
Average Joe

Name: KP

Points: 10,851, Level: 15 Points: 10,851, Level: 15 Points: 10,851, Level: 15

Re: IM 14 AND IM ADDITED TO ALCOHOL - April 26th 2009, 03:20 AM

Just relax and think about all the bad things that can happen if you start drinking. And I bet you dont want to turn out like your dad. Maybe make new friends that dont drink, it make things so much easier. I started drinking in 8th grade and it ruined my life. I got into drugs and a lot of other horrible things. Its really not worth it, please dont drink. If you dont want to not do it for yourself think about the people in your life you will hurt.

Please, please dont drink.

Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

Always? Always.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: IM 14 AND IM ADDITED TO ALCOHOL - April 26th 2009, 12:07 PM

to be honest it doesn't sound like you're addicted, which is good, it just sounds like you're experimenting. i'm not gunna preach to you about the bad effects of alcohol, because if your dad is an alcoholic then i'm sure you're quite aware of them. casual drinking at parties is not going to do you any lasting damage, but if you're starting to think about drinking on a more regular basis then this is where problems could arise.

i understand that it can sometimes be a difficult situation, because you feel like everyone else is drinking and therefore you have to join in. i'm not going to lie, i've often been in this situation. i hate to say it, but the first time you get really drunk and feel the after effects the next morning it'll probably be enough to put you off.

as i already said, i'm not going to tell you not to drink at all, because that would just be hypcritical, and people have to realise that underage drinking does happen. the more important thing is that you drink responsibly. just be careful and don't over-do it.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Points: 20,302, Level: 20 Points: 20,302, Level: 20 Points: 20,302, Level: 20

Re: IM 14 AND IM ADDITED TO ALCOHOL - April 26th 2009, 03:38 PM

If you don't want to do it, just keep in mind the terrible things that happen to alcoholics. Broken families, hurting themselves, hurting other, etc. And when you get a craving, just quickly go do something else to get your mind off it like read a book, play some video games, go for a bikeride, hang out with some sober friends. All in all, if you are determined to not do it, you can accomplish that; all it takes is a bit of will power.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
PerfectSin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,525, Level: 14 Points: 9,525, Level: 14 Points: 9,525, Level: 14

Re: IM 14 AND IM ADDITED TO ALCOHOL - April 26th 2009, 06:02 PM

Alcoholism is known to run in the family. You have to have the willpower to just stop drinking. You're more likely to become an alcoholic than someone who doesn't have alcoholic parents so you should use this as your motivation to stop drinking. Look at what it does to your father and remind yourself that that could happen to you if you continue down this path.
Closed Thread