TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BreathingIn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 7,702, Level: 12 Points: 7,702, Level: 12 Points: 7,702, Level: 12

Parents are against me. - July 4th 2015, 03:51 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My mom is on too much medication that it makes her seem high. My dad doesn't do anything about he. He's extremely quiet, goes to work, comes homes, and sits. My parents have no lives. When my mom is on all her meds she runs around in circles in our apartment, stomping her feet, singing at the top of her lungs, then crashes on the couch. Then a few minutes she gets up and is crazy again.

When I tell her polietly to be quiet, she yells at me, things like "What's your problem?! You're always in a bad mood!" and keep running in circles and stomping her feet. My dad is against me too, he says I need to keep my mouth shut and stop being so mean all the time.

I am not mean. I am extremely frustrated with how my mom behaves when she's on her medications, and how my dad doesn't care and just tells me to be quiet about her. It's like he's letting her do whatever she wants.

We have had neighbors complain about her singing and banging on the floors. She thinks they're all imagining things. She is the most unreasonable person I have ever known.

We're supposed to go on vacation and my parents don't want me to go because they think I'll be mean the entire time and be miserable. I'm scared to stay at home alone because I will be too happy without them and become used to them not being around and I will be infuriated when they come back. So I think it's better I just keep gradually suffering with them.

THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT I AM MISERABLE BECAUSE OF THEM.

I graduated college but I can't find a job to save my life. I cannot be at home with my parents anymore because they are too loud, unreasonable, and don't give two sh*ts about my feelings. I literally just want to be alone the rest of my life or just dead.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Points: 6,489, Level: 11 Points: 6,489, Level: 11 Points: 6,489, Level: 11

Re: Parents are against me. - July 5th 2015, 09:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your home life is so unhappy and frustrating. Is there perhaps a friend or family member you could stay with until you can find a job and move out on your own? It's encouraging that you have graduated college and although you are having difficulties finding work at the moment, I'm sure being educated will help you land a great job before long. Try to hang in there, as this will not last forever and things will surely improve before too long. Take care.
Closed Thread