TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kawaiicocopuffs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,747, Level: 10 Points: 4,747, Level: 10 Points: 4,747, Level: 10

Struggling with dating and parents - August 20th 2015, 03:39 AM

Okay, so Im 16 and my boyfriend is 16, and we started dating when we were both 15 we've almost been together for 10 months, and we love each other to death. The catch is, he lives in the Czech Republic, and I live in Canada, meaning we use both Facebook and skype to contact each other. So the issue here is how my parents feel about it. My mom found out a first time, so she told me to break up with him and I faked it. Then she ended up finding out again months later by going on my phone and flipping through my messages behind my back. She also found out about how I hated my life, and how I was depressed and how I hated her so much. She ended up getting access to all of my accounts and looking through more of my messages of me calling her and my stepdad names when we'd fight to friends, so it angered them more. They took all of my electronics away and all I had to talk to my boyfriend was a really outdated LG phone, but it could access Internet, so it was good enough. Anyways, I did this for a month, up until my grandma and grandpa came back from a vacation for 5 weeks, and I ended up getting my electronics and going to their place, and I found that I enjoyed how I could spend time with her and my boyfriend while being at peace and feeling care free. I then refused to go back home and ended up staying there for a approximately 2 weeks until my real dad and his girlfriend ended up picking me up and bringin me back forcefully. When I got out of the car my mom was furious and upset about it all, and my dad and girlfriend were angry too. The only one who understood and reassured they wouldn't do anything to take my boyfriend away was my step dad. I cried and balled and I couldn't contain how trapped I felt. No matter how much I cried and begged, they didn't care how I felt. My boyfriend has been really stressed and sad, and he's called me crying, but reassures, if I'll be gone for 2 years, he'll wait.. and so will I. We'really really close and we are like partners in crime against the world. How do I get them to allow me to keep my boyfriend... and stay in contact with him.. what do I do... I'm desperate and so terribly upset because I'm not even a bad kid. I get grades from 70s-90s, I don't do drugs, have sex, or sneak put. I don't skip class either. I apologized to my mom and step dad for calling them names, and I reassured them that I didn't mean the harsh things I said, since it was just out of anger.. and I also told my mom that it's very hypocritical of her since she tels me I'm going to hell and that she wishes I wasn't her daughter when she's angry with me... I just want help please. . How do I keep my beloved boyfriend and love while keeping my family and making them understand while still being mature
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Struggling with dating and parents - August 29th 2015, 05:18 PM

I hate to say it, but it's understandable that they worry. When I was your age, I met most of my friends online, and my parents did not approve either. Even at 22, I lie to my parents frequently about where I meet friends because it's easier for me to not have to defend my internet choices. But through all of that, I know they worry for good reasons. Meeting people on the internet is dangerous, and they worry that the person may be dangerous. Your boyfriend isn't, but it's a legitimate concern, and I think acknowledging that with them is a good step for you to fix the issues.

Now, I think there are a lot of deeper issues with your parents. You said that your mom found messages of you saying you hated them. Why do you hate your parents? When did this start? This goes beyond your boyfriend, and I think these issues might be important to face in order to have a relationship with your boyfriend. I have a very shaky relationship with my parents as well, so by no way am I invalidating them. You might have good reasons. But working on that relationship might be the only way you will get your boyfriend back.

Good luck.

something burning?
Closed Thread