TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BookDragon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Caitlyn

Points: 6,310, Level: 11 Points: 6,310, Level: 11 Points: 6,310, Level: 11

Unhappy Feeling bullied by my parents - November 9th 2015, 05:04 AM

I feel like I'm bullied by my parents.

My mom scares the daylights out of me sometimes. One moment she'll be calm and laughing and the next she'll be in my face, pulling my hair and yelling at me. She'll then say it was my fault, that I made her do it. She is constantly talking about my weight, my appearance, making a big deal if I don't wear makeup. I don't like to, the brand she uses makes my face itch and she takes my makeup if I buy any because I don't buy the cheap stuff.

My dad makes me feel worthless, because some days I can barely pull myself out of bed to go to work. He calls me lazy, tells me I'm never going to do anything with my life, I have no reason to leave home since I'm unprepared for the world. He still expects me to hand over my paycheck every payday and only gives me a bit of it to spend on myself.

I used to have self care days but my parents make me feel like I'm not worth having them, that I'm too lazy and stupid and worthless.

Sorry for complaining, but I just am so tired of being treated like a doormat.

My body may be a temple but I am the god to whom it is devoted. Do not presume to tell me how I may decorate my altar.

repeat after me: i can and i will. i may not get there right away. i may fail multiple or even hundreds of times. but i am going to pick myself back up and eventually get to the point i want to be at in my life.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Feeling bullied by my parents - November 10th 2015, 12:33 AM

Your parents sound abusive; you mentioned them belittling you, making you feel worthless, and even physically abusing you, which isn't ok. You do not deserve that.

Is there somewhere safe you can go? Can you afford to move out?

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
l3hub Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,708, Level: 10 Points: 4,708, Level: 10 Points: 4,708, Level: 10

Re: Feeling bullied by my parents - November 22nd 2015, 01:37 PM

It's about time you stand up for yourself girl. Be calm and walk away the next time it happens again, until you regain your emotions, then try to find a time to talk to them. You deserve respect.

And no, you are not worthless. No one can tell you that except yourself, and I know you love and care for yourself because you already had a self care day before this. When no one shows you love, you know you can find from within.
Closed Thread