TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Confronting Parents - November 9th 2019, 05:53 PM

[SIZE="a"]I confronted my mom yesterday about the years of abuse, and that I was finally leaving. She still doesn't understand. She still sees her self as the victim here.
Now I have to go tell my dad the same thing, but slightly different. everything with her was psychological, this time it's just anger and violence. and I'm really scared to do this. I keep stalling, i even packed an emergency bag just in case things get ugly but im just honestly so scared. I guess I just need a push.[/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Re: Confronting Parents - November 10th 2019, 12:54 AM

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear what's been happening.

It's great that you were able to talk to your parents about how you feel as it shows that you were strong enough to do so. Is there a safe place you can go to such as a friends or other family members place? It definitely sounds like you need some space from what's been happening.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Confronting Parents - November 10th 2019, 10:28 PM

I'm sorry to hear things have been rough for you at home. Your parents are the ones that brought you into the world and should keep you safe, and that is definitely not the case here. So moving out on your own or in with a couple friends seems like the better thing to do now. I'm proud of you for speaking up, it definitely shows strength. Keep that strength after you've walked away, ok?

If you need to reach out again please do not hesitate to do so. Thinking of you.
Closed Thread