TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Justin_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,771, Level: 7 Points: 2,771, Level: 7 Points: 2,771, Level: 7

Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - March 5th 2020, 11:49 PM

always in between wanting to post a lot on social media and wanting to delete all socials and be like that person you went to school with that you think of randomly and hope they’re doing well.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - March 6th 2020, 08:20 AM

Sometimes I wan to delete my social media too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Justin_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - March 6th 2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen. View Post
So do you think she wants to delete all social media and be like that person who doesn’t have any social media or no?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - March 6th 2020, 12:30 PM

There's nothing wrong with not having any social media accounts. It's hard to make that decision going from having social media to quitting them altogether. It's probably comparable to quitting a dangerous addiction, such as drinking or smoking. Just be supportive of her in whatever she decides to do.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Justin_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - March 6th 2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity. View Post
There's nothing wrong with not having any social media accounts. It's hard to make that decision going from having social media to quitting them altogether. It's probably comparable to quitting a dangerous addiction, such as drinking or smoking. Just be supportive of her in whatever she decides to do.
I just thought it meant that she wants to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - March 6th 2020, 03:12 PM

I'm not really sure what you mean. Do you mean a specific 'someone' or 'someone' in general? As I already said, there is nothing wrong with choosing to quit social media. It can be exhausting for various reasons.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Justin_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - March 6th 2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity. View Post
I'm not really sure what you mean. Do you mean a specific 'someone' or 'someone' in general? As I already said, there is nothing wrong with choosing to quit social media. It can be exhausting for various reasons.
Someone in general
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Clarent Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: L.

Points: 9,571, Level: 14 Points: 9,571, Level: 14 Points: 9,571, Level: 14

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - March 7th 2020, 09:33 AM

I really don't think it has anything to do with who she wants to be with.

People get rid of their social media for a lot of reasons.

The risk I took was calculated, but boy, am I bad at math.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - March 9th 2020, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_ View Post
So do you think she wants to delete all social media and be like that person who doesn’t have any social media or no?
As the above members have said, there's nothing wrong with deleting your social media and there are a lot of reasons why people do it. For me, it's because I'm spending way too much time on it and I don't want people to know what I'm up too. The only reason why I have it is because of my photography.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Bestortcom Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,064, Level: 5 Points: 1,064, Level: 5 Points: 1,064, Level: 5

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - September 25th 2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight. View Post
I also sometimes want to delete my social sets
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Justin_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - December 10th 2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestortcom View Post
I also sometimes want to delete my social sets
But what did she meant when she said and be like that person you went to school with that you think of randomly and hope they’re doing well?
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - December 11th 2020, 07:37 AM

Social media doesn't pay the bills. Giving it up is no hard thing.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Does my friend want be to be like someone who doesn’t have any social media or no? - December 14th 2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_ View Post
But what did she meant when she said and be like that person you went to school with that you think of randomly and hope they’re doing well?
A lot of people make those sort of posts that might be in reference to someone; but it isn't obvious who, and it's never meant to be obvious. Don't think too much about it, seriously. You'll drive yourself crazy. If it's really bothering you that much, then say something to her but don't make it sound like you're expecting something. It's nearly the holidays, so perhaps something like "I hope you have a wonderful holiday!" should suffice... it's short and simple.

Just realized this thread was created in March, so not sure why it's still even a question.

Seriously, I would really focus on something else if this has been bothering you for three-quarters of a year.
Closed Thread