TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Slytherin21 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Destiny
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 1,736, Level: 6 Points: 1,736, Level: 6 Points: 1,736, Level: 6

I screwed up with my sibling - February 10th 2022, 04:49 AM

So im 21 and ive learned that with age people expect more of you. Heres an example i goto college during the morning and afternoon i watch my siblings preteen occasionally well i wasnt in the living room and he was watching tv but he got on my vudu and put on sausage party the movie i wasnt paying him any mind and i came out of my bedroom and saw what was on and really didnt connect the dots (was busy and thinking of school stuff) about 30 minute later i thought crap and ran and shut it off but damage was done he learned some "new fusedwords" now i know im partially to blame but i did tell him to stay on netflix where he has his own profile. My sibling has refuse to talk me since and according to my mom is mad cause Of what he learned. I dont know what todo
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59

Re: I screwed up with my sibling - February 10th 2022, 04:02 PM

Kids get really curious sometimes, and sometimes they stumble upon things that they shouldn't. No matter how much a parent or sibling tries, sometimes it's hard to shelter them from these things forever. It's not like you can watch them 100% of the time, and sometimes you do have to leave the room. You did the best you could by shutting off the movie when you realized what he was watching.

Maybe give your sibling some time to cool off. It's okay and valid that he is upset, since the scenes in some movies can definitely be uncomfortable, but eventually he should be able to move past it. When you've given it some time, you can sit him down and let him know that you're sorry that you weren't there to tell him not to watch the movie, and remind him that he is not a bad person for knowing these words now. He definitely doesn't have to use the words that he learned. Remind him that it was a mistake on both of your parts but it's something that's a learning experience for both of you!

Accidents happen so I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. You were busy with other things, and that's okay. Sometimes people have a lot on their minds.

Maybe you can also talk to your mom about what happened. You said your mom told you that your brother is mad, so maybe she can give you some advice on how to deal with him?

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
Closed Thread