TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Guidance - July 8th 2022, 11:56 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]My crush rejected me months ago, but I am still obssesser with her. I accepted that we will never be together and she told me we could stay friends, which i thought was a good idea. Fast forward, today I learned that she is having a birthday party and invited my friends but not me. She said that it was because she couldn't invite more people. But I took it really really personally, and i feel really hurt. I feel excluded. You see it was the last year we went to the same school so I might not see her again. That's why I really wish I could be in her birtday party before she goes. What should I do? Should I try and bite the bullet and move on or try to confront her about it?[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,323, Level: 47 Points: 109,323, Level: 47 Points: 109,323, Level: 47

Re: Guidance - July 9th 2022, 10:32 PM

Hello,

Thank you so much for coming onto Teenhelp and telling us about what you have been going through and I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with this and I hope that you will be okay soon. When we become friends with someone, we like them for who they are and sometimes we can like them more then just a friend and you would like to date them. I am sorry that she doesn't like you like this, sometimes when they say you just want to be friends over dating it can be hard to be okay with this because you both would like to have different things. I am also sorry about the birthday party and how you didn't get to go. You can try calling her or texting her and asking her why she didn't have you come and see what she has to say to you. Whatever she has to say to you, try not to get upset and when you are done talking to her, try to find something to help pick you up for a while. Going for a walk around your house or reading a book for a while or drawing or painting or writing or calling a friend or putting on a funny movie or TV show or listening to music or something else that you enjoy doing. Or if you don't want to talk to her and just let it go, you can do that too, I wish you the best with this. I hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Guidance - July 10th 2022, 03:13 PM

Hey there, thanks for reaching out! I think if you've already approached your crush and she rejected you, and now she's not invited you to a party, it's time to move on. Respect her boundary and the fact she's said 'no' to you. I would advise against trying to speak to her, because that might make things worse not only for you, but for her as well.

I know it must hurt to have her invite her friends but not you, but she probably has a legitimate reason that she wasn't honest with you about. Respect that.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Guidance - July 12th 2022, 10:10 AM

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out! I'm sorry that you're having to go through these feelings - I know how tough they can be. However, I agree with what the others have said on this thread. Sometimes, a "no" has to be taken as a "no", especially when it comes from someone who is not romantically interested in us.

I know how crushing rejection can be, but take this as a sign to move on. Let this incident of not being invited to the party serve as a turning point for you. As time will tell, there are plenty of fish in the sea. Give yourself the time to feel all the raw emotions (anger, indignation, hurt, etc.), you will eventually feel better.

Rejection is a part of all our lives. The right person will come along eventually

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread