TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Furubasu Offline
FISHSTICKS!
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Points: 11,058, Level: 15 Points: 11,058, Level: 15 Points: 11,058, Level: 15

Chocolate Cornet Recipe? - January 19th 2009, 06:40 PM

So I guess this is the appropriate place to look for it. Google was little to no help, and I'm not quite sure what other forum I could put this in. So, it nicely goes here! ^ ^

I went to the Korean supermarket today and had this really cute yummy treat that they called "Shell Bread" but I know is more commonly referred to as a Chocolate Cornet. Chocolate Cornet is actually the real name. My [current] dream is to become a patisserie so I was wondering if anyone knew of/had the recipe to one?

Here are some pics if it helps:

and in an anime I love : )

Thank you!

I either feel like no one cares, and that I should be breaking things, and that everything is falling apart, or that everything is great, and I can do anything, and I really do have friends.

I'm stuck halfway in between.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Points: 53,926, Level: 33 Points: 53,926, Level: 33 Points: 53,926, Level: 33

Re: Chocolate Cornet Recipe? - January 19th 2009, 10:43 PM

Those look delicious. ;p

I found this: [Click]

I also found this:
Quote:
CORNET

Puff pastry

Cut rectangle off pastry 3/4 inch wide. Wrap each strip around long metal cone.
Place on ungreased baking sheet, put in preheated 375 degree oven. Bake pastry cornets until golden about 15 minutes. Cool briefly, carefully remove metal cone.

Use for cornets, desserts as follows:

CHOCOLATE CREAM FILLING FOR 6 CORNETS:

1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips or 2 sq. semi sweet baking chocolate
3 tbsp. orange juice
1/3 c. finely chopped pistachios
3/4 c. HEAVY whipping cream

Heat chocolate in heavy saucepan until melted. Stir in juice; cool; fold in nuts. Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff. Fold into cool chocolate mixture. Fill coronets, drizzle with melted chocolate or powdered sugar. Refrigerate.

Homemade Puff Pastry:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, about 12 ounces
2/3 cup cake flour, about 2 ounces
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter (3 1/4 sticks)
1 cup ice water, plus more as needed

Sift together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Dice 6 tablespoons of the chilled butter, returning the remaining butter to the refrigerator to keep cold. Place the diced butter into the mixing bowl and using your fingers or a pastry blender, blend until the mixture forms a coarse meal, similar to a piecrust. Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the water. Use a rubber spatula to gradually blend the water with the flour mixture, mixing just until a rough, sticky dough is formed. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Place the remaining butter on a work surface, (a marble surface is ideal). Using a rolling pin or the heal of your hand, smash the butter into the surface until pliable, taking care not to over work the butter as it should stay chilled. Work butter into a 5-inch square.

Remove the rested dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured work surface. Roll out dough into a 12-inch circle, being careful not to pull or tear the dough. (The dough mixture may still be very rough and tacky.) Place the butter square into the center of the circle and fold the edges of the dough over the butter, pressing to seal the edges. You should now have a square of butter wrapped in dough.

Using a rolling pin, roll the square into a 16-by-8-inch rectangle. (The dough may need to be pounded with the rolling pin several times to allow the butter to become more pliable.) Be careful not to tear the dough. Fold the rectangle 3 times as you would fold a business letter. Place the rectangle in front of you lengthwise and roll into another 16 by 8-inch rectangle. Fold again 3 times as you would a business letter and make 2 small indentations into the dough to remind yourself that it has been rolled twice. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Return the rested dough to a lightly floured surface and repeat the process of rolling the dough into a rectangle, making 3 business-letter folds, 2 times. Make 4 small indentations into the dough to remind yourself that it has been rolled a total of 4 times. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. If desired, dough can rest refrigerated for up to 2 days at this point.

Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured work surface. Roll into a 16 by 8-inch rectangle and fold 3 times, similar to a business letter. Repeat process and make 6 small indentations into the dough. Wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. Now the pastry is ready to be rolled and used in the desired puff pastry recipe.

Yield: about 2 1/2 pounds
On Yahoo! Answers: [click]

It seems searching for "Choco Cornet" and "Japanese Cornet" got me more results than searching for Chocolate Cornet. Also, if I'm understanding correctly, another name for it is "choco korone." Sooo yeah! :] Good luck!

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Furubasu Offline
FISHSTICKS!
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Points: 11,058, Level: 15 Points: 11,058, Level: 15 Points: 11,058, Level: 15

Re: Chocolate Cornet Recipe? - January 22nd 2009, 06:14 PM

Alright! Sweet! Thank you so much! I'll be sure to get my hands on the ingredients and get started soon!

I either feel like no one cares, and that I should be breaking things, and that everything is falling apart, or that everything is great, and I can do anything, and I really do have friends.

I'm stuck halfway in between.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Points: 53,926, Level: 33 Points: 53,926, Level: 33 Points: 53,926, Level: 33

Re: Chocolate Cornet Recipe? - January 22nd 2009, 06:22 PM

The OP seems satisfied and there aren't really many more answers, so I'm gonna go ahead and close this.

PM me if you want it reopened.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
Closed Thread