TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death, Grieving and Coping With Loss Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Slytherin21 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Destiny
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 1,736, Level: 6 Points: 1,736, Level: 6 Points: 1,736, Level: 6

Missing my mom - August 25th 2022, 05:40 PM

So my mom passed at begining of june and we just had her memorial service 2 weeks ago. Im really missing her and my dad and me fight constantly even tho we dont live together it still is draining. Mom was only one who could control are fights so now im lost and i just want a hug and shes not here yo give it and i so just want to join her its all i been thinking about since she passed. Im supposed to visit her brother next week in philly but tho im excited i feel like canceling cause im afraid ill break down while there.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,910, Level: 10 Points: 4,910, Level: 10 Points: 4,910, Level: 10

Re: Missing my mom - August 25th 2022, 06:25 PM

I know what it feels. Only time will cure it but scars are too deep sometimes...
Hope you're strong enough to get over this situation
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Missing my mom - August 25th 2022, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytherin21 View Post
So my mom passed at begining of june and we just had her memorial service 2 weeks ago. Im really missing her and my dad and me fight constantly even tho we dont live together it still is draining. Mom was only one who could control are fights so now im lost and i just want a hug and shes not here yo give it and i so just want to join her its all i been thinking about since she passed. Im supposed to visit her brother next week in philly but tho im excited i feel like canceling cause im afraid ill break down while there.
Hi Destiny, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Do you think it's possible to limit interaction with your dad, especially since it's causing you so much stress. You might be thinking "well, it's what Mom would've wanted" but I don't think she would want to see you so upset either. I seriously doubt she'd be super thrilled knowing you were thinking and feeling this way. I also don't think you should cancel the trip to visit her brother; and who cares if you break down? You're human, and sadness is a natural human emotion. Who knows, maybe your uncle needs someone to talk to as well, since it sounds like he lives far from you and your family.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,579, Level: 42 Points: 88,579, Level: 42 Points: 88,579, Level: 42

Re: Missing my mom - August 27th 2022, 05:19 AM

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. If you ever need to talk, my inbox is always open.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Missing my mom - August 30th 2022, 03:20 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. It doesn't help that you and your dad are fighting and yet it was always your mom that could control the fights. Depending on how you feel right now, you could either try to let go of whatever it is that you and your dad are fighting about (in the sense of you are both grieving and now is perhaps a time to grieve and take time for yourself rather than fight) or try to think of what your mom would say or do in this situation.

It's really hard when your mom isn't around anymore but you are her daughter, so she is still a part of you and always will be.

I think it might still be worth going to philly to visit her brother. Even if you break down, it's okay. It might help you to bond with her brother and remember all the good times you had with your mom. But if you don't feel up to it, I'm sure he would understand.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Closed Thread