TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Announcements Here you will find announcements and discussions about new or updated TeenHelp features, news and events.

Note: Only administrators can create threads in this forum; everyone can reply to threads here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Become a Volunteer with TeenHelp! - June 8th 2022, 05:28 PM

In honor of Volunteers' Week, we've gathered testimonials from a few of our current volunteers to highlight how volunteering with TeenHelp can be a wonderful experience for you and the members you'd be supporting within our community! You can learn more about and apply for our volunteering roles here.

Quote:
"I've been a member of TeenHelp for 18 years now, and a volunteer in various capacities for much of that time. TeenHelp has a superpower that keeps it relevant and important even 20 years later and that's its volunteers and community. Being a part of TeenHelp for so long has done a lot to shape who I am and where I'm at now in my life. TeenHelp was there for me when I needed support and a community the most, and has played a huge role in me pursuing a career in mental health. Through all the changes that I've seen TeenHelp go through in my nearly two decades on the site, the very core of it has always been the same - being a welcoming, supportive, safe community - and I think a lot of what's kept TeenHelp going for so long has been the volunteers helping to uphold those core values. Being a TeenHelp volunteer is one of the most rewarding things I've done."
Quote:
"I work in an environment that constantly requires me to interact with a variety of different people, each with their own personal lives and mental struggles. Many of my clients have some form of learning difficulty or mental health concern. Being part of TeenHelp has aided me in the service I provide to my clients, and has provided more relatability and understanding for those with struggles I wouldn't have otherwise known how to handle."
Quote:
"Have you ever thought about volunteering? TeenHelp is where you should start because we have so many areas to pick from - Community Mentors, HelpLINK Mentors, Forum Moderators,
Articles Writer and so much more. The staff are so sweet and always helpful, I love working with all of them.

I joined TeenHelp because something horrible happened and everything changed so fast and I needed help and I found TeenHelp. Everyone was so nice and helpful to me and I wanted to volunteer. I started volunteering as a HelpLINK Mentor and I fell in love with it because so many teenagers come on for help about everything they are going through and we get to help them with this, by giving them all of the support and we hope that they will be okay soon. No matter what areas I'm helping in, I forget about everything that I'm going through and I can help someone else out and it's a lovely feeling to have. No matter what area you choose to volunteer in, you will fall in love with TeenHelp because everyone is a big loving family".
On behalf of myself and the other Project Coordinators... thank you to all of our current volunteers who dedicate their time, energy, and passion to make TeenHelp an incredible community!

8 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread