TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
eoscondor Offline
Indie developer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,228, Level: 12 Points: 7,228, Level: 12 Points: 7,228, Level: 12

Angry bullied brother. - May 10th 2012, 02:47 PM

I'm furious, my younger brother is being bullied for the same damn reasons I was, though I remained ignorant of such idiots when i was his age, it seems to be affecting him greatly. He does not wish to go to school, he wont talk to anybody about it, and I found out through his best friend that one particular fool was calling him a midget and saying he 'cheated' because he skipped a year ahead. I know there is more then what I or my mother are being told. the school wont do anything until my brother speaks to them about it and he is too afraid to do so. what can I do to help him?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: bullied brother. - May 10th 2012, 05:09 PM

It seems your mum is involved. That's good. Hopefully with some support you can put together some money to buy a voice recorder, give it to him, or lend (whichever), get him to put together the evidence, and nail the people.

I don't really know enough about what's going on to suggest anything else. If it is really bad then it's a good idea to involve external authorities, even police, or the school district. That usually scares the headmaster into doing something that otherwise he'd think isn't important enough to bother with.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
♥Bliz Offline
Frosted but not frozen
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kyle

Points: 12,470, Level: 16 Points: 12,470, Level: 16 Points: 12,470, Level: 16

Re: bullied brother. - May 11th 2012, 04:47 PM

Well hopefully you can get him to feel comfortable enough to talk to you. Tell him of what you went through, and tell him that you're here for him. I hope that will be enough to help him. Also, try to be observent when he's feeling down, ESPECIALLY after school. hopefully he will open up and then slowly you can begin to help him.

If you ever need it, I'm here to help, talk, or whatever! ~~Kyle
Suicide helplines:
1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) or 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ten.Foot.Line Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,576, Level: 12 Points: 7,576, Level: 12 Points: 7,576, Level: 12

Re: bullied brother. - May 19th 2012, 06:27 AM

My bother was teased when we were younger. Even though he is my older brother, I know how you feel. My mother also went through the same thing. But when she caught the kids beating up her older brother, she sent them to the hospital. I would not suggest doing that. But a little scaring helps sometimes.
I showed my brother that he had my full support. If anyone, even my friends, made fun of him, I told them to can it.
The school principal really didn't care, even though we came to him multiple times. I like BDF's idea about getting authorities involved. It tends to make the higher ups a little more coperative.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 13,511, Level: 16 Points: 13,511, Level: 16 Points: 13,511, Level: 16

Re: bullied brother. - May 20th 2012, 08:15 PM

I have a different point of view here. I get made fun of at school for stuff I can't help either. I understand how he's feeling. It's so hard to go for help because (yes even at 18) people will make fun of you even more for being a "snitch" on them. For me it hurts that nobody notices/does anything. Maybe if you let him know that he has your full support then he wouldn't feel quite so alone. I know I'm going to sound hypocritical because I won't talk to my psychiatrist about it, but if you get him to talk to an adult about it then maybe something can be done to stop it, especially if they are younger kids they will probably get scared more easily by adults. I wish you and your brother luck and am sorry y'all are having to go through this. If you ever need anything or woukd like to talk feel free to PM me any time and I'll get back to you ASAP. I know how much it hurts. He doesn't have to try to be tough. Standing up for yourself can be the hardest and "toughest" thing to do sometimes.

Best Wishes!
~SM~
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
followyourheart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,134, Level: 12 Points: 7,134, Level: 12 Points: 7,134, Level: 12

Re: bullied brother. - June 1st 2012, 12:36 PM

try to get him to talk to you. everyone gets terrified when they are bullied thats totally normal. tell him that he should stand up for his rights. don't take all this nonsense. liars lie when thay are jealous or they have nothing better to do. tell him to be strong stand up for his rights or people will continue taking advantage of him.
Closed Thread