TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

i think im being bullied at work - March 18th 2011, 10:21 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i dont know if it counts as bullying or not but each time i do something at work this one person at work will ask me to do something else or shout at me when i have not done it when im the middle of doing something else, so i often feel the need to explain myself like when im giving a child a cuddle because they are upset i feel mean just leaving the child there just crying but i will get asked to do something else so i will say ' i will do it in a minuet im just comforting a child' and then i will get shouted at for back chatting - i dont see how this is backchatting , also someone else at work seems to have an issue with me - like the other day i was in the kitchen washing up the cups and such like and they came in said 'you've put the plug in the sink' i was like 'yeah i need to wash up i had to put the plug in the sink' so then thy ask me why im using the tea urn instead of the hot tap so i said 'because it never runs hot and i know i need to be quick so using the tea urn because the water in there is already heated'. so they then started having a ago at me and stuff and slamemd the mug down on the work surface and left the kitchen, its not just that though, i feel like im being bullied in work and i cant talk to my manager because i dont want to seem like im constantly complaining, but i feel bullied and most days i dread going into work, the thing is i've been bullied at work before in the same workplace by someone else who my old manager fired them, i dont want that responsibility of getting someone else fired from where i work, but i know i cant keep going into work ready to defend my self, i dont just want to say ok when they start shouting at me because that gets me in trouble because they asume i'm going to do straight away when i cant always do that, i really don't know what to do, i spoke to my mum about one of the people and she said ' well they've had a pretty serious illness recently' i told my mum 'i know they have but they're making work hell for me and making me feel like shit' . it seems everyone is seeing me as the bad person in all of this, i dont know what to do, my tutor is comming into observe me next wednesday - i think wednesday i'll just keep my mouth shut and my head down, i'm trying hard at work to be perfect im getting there an hour early and doing extra hours in the afternoon, when i come off shift at 1.30 but i sometimes stay till 2.30 but it never seems to be appriciated, one the other people i work with tells me im useless at my job, i feel like im being bullied by 3 people at work and i also feel sometimes imtimidated by my manager. i think im being bullied at work but im not sure if it is counted as bullying or not or just people wanting me to do better in work, i just dont know, should i talk to my tutor on wednesday or just leave it and put with it and hope i find another job soon ? or do i try and talk to my manager ? what do i do ??? i know theres people where i work who are better at their job than me , maybe thats why i feel like this ? i dont know, all i know is im not happy at work i feel bullied but i dont know if i am being bullied ? would it be as bad as if i would just say ok ? or should i stand up and defend myself ? what do i do ? and also iss whats happening at work bullying, i've been bullied at school in the past and also at work but this is different, im not sure if this is bullying, help.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 20,459, Level: 20 Points: 20,459, Level: 20 Points: 20,459, Level: 20

Re: i think im being bullied at work - March 19th 2011, 11:48 PM

Hi,
From what I have read, it sounds like it's bullying in the work place to me. If you feel 'intimidated' and people who you work with are actually telling you that you are 'useless' at your job, then I'd say this would definately be bullying.

A way to deal with it would be ignoring it completely and keep on saying to yourself 'I am good at this job, this is what I wanted to do and no one is going to change it for me', positive thinking can change things. I'd suggest politely talking to the people who are nasty to you letting them know you don't appreciate the nastiness, and also pointing out that you shouldn't have to deal with it. If it doesn't get any better, approach your manager and tell them the details of the people being nasty to you and what they have said. Your manager should sort this out as you are an employee in their care. Your manager should take appropriate action.

If you need anything else, feel free to chat to me anytime.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Re: i think im being bullied at work - March 23rd 2011, 04:42 PM

i have not spoke to my manager yet but this week so far seems to be better the people who usually do have somewhat stopped but not complelty stopped, this week they've made a few comments at me, ect, but its nothing compared to what the past few weeks have been like at work.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Xineas Offline
You can call me Daniel
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Points: 9,609, Level: 14 Points: 9,609, Level: 14 Points: 9,609, Level: 14

Re: i think im being bullied at work - March 25th 2011, 02:53 AM

Hey,

This is bullying, no matter how you put it. You don't have to let them do this to you! You have values and rights too, even if you're new at your job, even if you're not as good at your job as your colleagues.

You're working your butt off there, staying late, starting early and you've done more than enough to deserve some respect for your hard work. If people keep on dragging you down, please do go to your manager. Don't see it as whining, talking to your manager when you feel something is out of place, is more than normal on the workfloor. That's what managers are for! They need to keep the team running smoothly, they run the team, it's the manager's job to make sure his workers are okay.

You can't expect yourself to be perfect at everything you do from the start. That's just unreasonable and impossible. You have to learn, just like any person that works there had to learn how to do their job. Even if learning how to do it takes you 5 months, you will eventually get the hang of it. Even if you don't, your colleagues are not the ones to tell you you're not doing your job right. They would have to talk to your manager, who would in turn talk to you about it.

Don't worry, you've done nothing wrong. Stay strong, be yourself and don't ever let them get you down. You're good at what you do.

Take care and good luck,

Stupid questions do not exist!
Or do they? Nah. Ask and you shall be answered!

Since March 16, 2011

My parents have been divorced for 12 years. If you're stuck in the middle, feel free to PM me!
Social Group for people with Divorced Parents
Closed Thread