TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fullofsecrets Offline
Witness
Average Joe

Name: Kristin

Points: 12,176, Level: 16 Points: 12,176, Level: 16 Points: 12,176, Level: 16

Bullied at Work - April 4th 2011, 11:37 PM

So this started about two months ago when a guy I work with in college and I started making out. I had a crush on him for three months, one day he came over when I was sick, we talked for five hours and we started making out for a week. I told him I wasn't that type of girl and I didn't want to keep making out with him if it didn't go anywhere- he said he understood and he'd ask me out soon. I tried to hang out with him, but he always just wanted to make out so I finally put my foot down and said, "No, I'm not comfortable with this. I don't want to do this if we're not dating." So he said, "Okay, well I don't really want a relationship right now..."

Things got awkward between us. My friends said he used me because he's a classic frat/party boy and I got pissed, but I still tried to talk to him and be friends, because he said that's what he wanted. But you can't really be friends with someone who only answered in one word messages. So finally it was like, "Whatever, I'm done" and I stopped trying to talk to him. About a week later, I went to a friend's party. I never drank before, and apparently jungle juice is alcoholic- someone told me it wasn't but, it was- and I had eight cups. So from someone who never drank before, I got reallllly drunk and sent him a bunch of texts saying how I wanted to f*** him and I don't remember any of the messages until the next morning. I talked to him and he said they were funny and he knew I was just drunk so it didn't matter and he was deleting them. Two weeks later I had people coming up to me if it was true that I slept with him. Apparently he's telling people I slept with him- multiple times- and that I'm a whore, showing them the texts as "proof." I have only slept with one person- an ex boyfriend that I had been with for 3 years- and this person and I never did anything below the belt, no oral, no nothing like that.

I was reallllly upset and a mutual friend said, "Will you please do me this favor and leave her alone? she's really upset will you please just do me a favor and please just pretend she doesn't exist or something?" Honestly, I felt that was really meek. I kind of expected a blunt, "dude, stop spreading lies and cut it out" not to be begging for a favor. This guy answered, "i'll try. no promises." I thought he was an all right, nice guy. Now I'm beginning to think he has the maturity of an eight year old.

Someone at work asked me again today if I slept with him- and honestly I'm getting really sick of defending myself and explaining the real situation- but one of his friends heard me and went off to tell him that he heard me say his name which spawned another mutual friend delivered text messages saying, "he says that you need to stop talking about him and just ignore him or shit will start up again." To me, that honestly sounds like a threat. I'm not saying anything about HIM- I'm setting the record straight. I want to approach him and tell him to his face to cut it out, but I'm not a very bold person and I don't know if that would help or hurt things. To be honest, I feel like he's acting really childish and immature. It's like high school- spreading shit about me. What I really don't understand is why. Why is this starting now when it happened about two months ago? What is his goal in ruining my reputation at work? I seriously don't understand it.

If anyone could shed some light on why he's doing this to me, or how to make it stop, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!! =)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

Re: Bullied at Work - April 5th 2011, 02:43 AM

It is exactly as you said. He has the maturity of an 8-year-old and the attitude of a frat boy. He isn't getting "what he wants" so he's trying to get back at you like the idiot he is.

I suggest that you inform your boss about the harassment and also file a restraining order against him.
Closed Thread