TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tristen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tristen

Points: 8,557, Level: 13 Points: 8,557, Level: 13 Points: 8,557, Level: 13

bullied - February 24th 2012, 01:09 AM

i get bullied at school because im small and short. i always get jokes told at me. what can i do 2 get my friends 2 like me and not tease me.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ForgetMeNot9 Offline
Muggle
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,875, Level: 16 Points: 12,875, Level: 16 Points: 12,875, Level: 16

Re: bullied - February 24th 2012, 02:17 AM

I've been in a similar situation, and I'm sorry you have to deal with being bullied. I'm not sure if your friends realize that this is bugging you, and I say this because sometimes our friends say things about us or to us that is just a joke to them even if it's actually hurting you. Have you ever told them how it makes you feel when they make fun of your size? If you do, and they are really your friends, they will most likely understand and stop. If they don't stop, then you should tell someone you trust like a teacher, principal, or your parents. Keep your chin up. Things will get better for you.

Rescue is possible. Love is the movement ♥
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17

Re: bullied - February 24th 2012, 02:19 AM

Hey Tristen, If kids are making fun of you and teasing you then they aren't very good friends. You shouldn't have to do anything to get your own friends to like you or anyone for that matter. Just be yourself and if people don't like it then it is their problem not yours. As for being small and short you are only 13 and could still very possibly have a big growth spurt. Either way I know a lot of short people and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: bullied - February 24th 2012, 03:28 AM

My friends and I joke and tease each other, although we know not to step over the limits. Perhaps your friends do not realize you're affected especially if you don't tell them. Furthermore, if you continue to hang out with your friends, it implies you're willing to stay with them and the jokes don't bother you. It doesn't mean your friends are bad, rather it shows there is a lack of communication and it's unfair to hold your friends at fault. Try telling them you don't appreciate the jokes or shoot jokes back at them. I'm hesitant to say you're being bullied because your friends probably do not intend on intentionally harming you, although if you want to stick with the label of a bully victim, you're free to do so.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Points: 8,023, Level: 13 Points: 8,023, Level: 13 Points: 8,023, Level: 13

Re: bullied - February 24th 2012, 02:19 PM

Tristen, I agree with the advice you're getting. First, if you are sure they are your friends, you need to have a talk with them and tell them how you feel and how maybe a couple of jokes may be funny, but they cannot be all day long making fun of you.

If they are not real friends, just get away, and tell them to look in the mirror...

No one is perfect and most people who humiliate others is because that way attention is drawn on those other people so that their shortcomings pass unnoticed. Don't get upset for that and do not play the game of people who's not worth it...
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
killrsRquiet Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,483, Level: 14 Points: 10,483, Level: 14 Points: 10,483, Level: 14

Re: bullied - February 24th 2012, 10:04 PM

well if theyre your friends you should actually try telling them you dont like it and it really does bug. or you could try my approach and join the mocking. start friendly teasing them as well. i mean i know its annoying to hear stuff about you being said that you hate but i mean theres no harm in laughing at yourself every once in a while. but its different if peopel you dont even know are doing these things to you

"i wasn't very much fun to be with anyway"
- Slipknot

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Tristen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: bullied - February 24th 2012, 11:24 PM

yeh thanx 4 the advice. i will try talking 2 them and telling them i dont like they make fun of me and if it dont work i guess i should make new friends. idk if they know they r hurting my feelings.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Re: bullied - February 25th 2012, 09:17 PM

Those people who are teasing you are not your friends, friends don't treat people like that, if your ''friends'' are teasing you , you need to talk to your ''friends'' because they may just think you are okay with it ect so you need to let them know that you don't like it and if they don't stop you need to tell someone.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Tristen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: bullied - March 7th 2012, 09:52 PM

i told a teacher and they stoped teasing me so that works
Closed Thread