TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
missmusic98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,192, Level: 11 Points: 6,192, Level: 11 Points: 6,192, Level: 11

Anxiety At School - September 22nd 2013, 01:37 AM

So last week, I was in last hour and my teacher had us make a foldable and we had to write down some stuff. Some of that things she had us write down were our fears, as soon as she said that we had to do that, I had an anxiety attack...Now I've had them once or twice before, but I knew the specific reason behind those ones, while with this one, I'm not sure what the specific reason is behind this one...And how can I handle them when I get them...Especially at school.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Anxiety At School - September 22nd 2013, 02:00 PM

Hiya!

Sometimes they don't have a reason, they just like to sneak up on us If you've seen a professional and you've been diagnosed with it, you can tell the school and they'll help you. My school gave me a Flash Pass (it might be different at your school) but it's basically a pass out of any class at anytime and the teachers cannot refuse you using it. Try to focus on your breathing and think of happier things. Another thing that helps is focusing on a non moving object or looking at objects and listing uses in your head. Basically, to keep your mind occupied with other things. I hope you'll be able to cope better soon!

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 33,960, Level: 26 Points: 33,960, Level: 26 Points: 33,960, Level: 26

Re: Anxiety At School - September 22nd 2013, 02:31 PM

Hi there!

Like Cassie said, sometimes anxiety attacks can happen on the spot without any obvious cause or reason. Have you been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder or any condition associated with anxiety attacks? If so, it could be helpful to inform the school.

Whenever I get an anxiety attack in class, I scribble on a piece of paper or my book. Sometimes I write down some of the thoughts that come into my mind, or I just draw random objects or patterns. It can actually be pretty calming. Other than that, you can try to focus on something happy, or anything else in the class room.

Hope this helped! Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need advice again.

~ Gareth
Closed Thread