TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Work meeting & anxiety - August 9th 2020, 06:34 PM

I'm posting this in the staff threads because paranoia has me worried I'll be tracked down and this will come back to bite me

I'm having a couple of issues with my manager at work which I'm trying to deal with. I've sent her a message to open up a mature conversation with her about what has upset me about a particular situation over the weekend, and I've been in touch with my assistant manager for some guidance on how to do this. Her main feedback was I apologise too much for things that aren't my fault and I use phrases like 'a bit' to belittle my own feelings when I'm trying to make a point, which is true. I hate confrontation and I'm super anxious about opening up this dialogue

I wondered if anyone has any tips for me. I'm more than likely going to end up having a sit down chat with my manager at some point soon which is giving me a tonne of anxiety. How can I make sure that I don't back down when she questions it? She tends to argue her case when she's called out and I know what I'm like, I'll end up shrugging it off and leaving it but I want to work on that.

Also, if anyone has any good anxiety managing tips which don't involve breathing exercises that would be good too! Breathing exercises makes me panicky (because of covid...) and I find I'm picking up bad habits like skin picking really badly when I get anxious or stressed. So any help would be appreciated.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Work meeting & anxiety - August 9th 2020, 06:50 PM

I would write out what you want to say on a Word Document. If you feel comfortable enough, perhaps you can share it with the assistant manager or receive feedback from other users on your blog. I find if I write something, it helps me and it definitely helps to have a print-out copy in front of me during the meeting. I notice that if I don't, everything I want to say vanishes from my mind and the whole thing is kind of a waste.
Closed Thread