TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10 Points: 5,350, Level: 10

Anticipation of covid deaths will lead to anxiety - August 18th 2021, 02:55 AM

Recent news shakes me! "Texas has requested 5 mortuary trailers from the federal government in anticipation of an influx of dead bodies as Covid-19 surges across the state, state officials say." it's inevitable to be frightened deep inside. Fears about COVID-19 can take an emotional toll, especially if you’re already living with an anxiety disorder. How can we handle this situation?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Anticipation of covid deaths will lead to anxiety - August 18th 2021, 03:58 PM

You're right in that it's inevitable that news like this is disturbing and worrying. I think you're very much not alone in feeling that your anxiety is even higher than usual as a result of the pandemic, especially when this far on there seems to still be a lot of bad news. I've felt my anxiety spike because of this too. It's great that you're reaching out for support though. One of the best ways to handle increased anxiety is to share it with other people so it's less of a burden on your mind only. Talking to people about how you feel can stop you feeling less isolated, so I hope that this helps in that way. If you have any friends or family you feel safe and comfortable with, maybe you can talk to them too. I found that when I spoke to people, a lot of them felt the same as I did, and it helped to feel like I had a safe person to then turn to when I was struggling later on too.

TH has a couple of really useful articles you could try reading too, such as this and this. There's some useful tips in there about how to keep your mind occupied and stop it become overwhelmed with negative stuff and many of these tips are ones I've used and found really helpful too.

It's also important to remember that, while this pandemic is still bringing bad news, there's been huge improvements since it first began which give us a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. It's sad that people are still getting very ill, and that in some cases this leads to deaths as a result of coronavirus, but so many people who may have gotten seriously ill in the past, are no longer getting so sick because of improvements in medicine. Especially vaccines, which in the UK where I live seem to have let the case numbers stabilize and reduced the amount of deaths by a lot. It's been a long two years and I think it's natural to feel burnt out by the anxiety all of this has caused, but try to challenge yourself if you can to look at what's going on behind the scenes. Research is improving all the time, and the more people we have getting vaccinated, the more 'normal' life will become again. It's something to cling onto when you're not feeling so great about things.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47

Re: Anticipation of covid deaths will lead to anxiety - August 19th 2021, 01:46 PM

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this right now and hope that you will be okay soon. When we are watching the news or we are in another room and we are listening to this, it can be very upsetting and this can start to get to us. It will make us feel so many things and we don't know how to make this feeling go away. If you are able to, try not to watch it and listen to this as much, then the news will not get to you. If you would like to know what is going on, you can try asking someone in your family or friends what is going on and then you will know and it will not bring you down as much. When you are upset or having a hard time with this, it is always a good idea to look for something to do for a while to get your mind off of this for a while. For example, going for a walk around your house or to the park if it's near you or reading a book for a while or drawing or painting or writing or calling a friend or family member or baking cookies or putting on a funny movie or TV show that can help pick you up for a while or finding something else that you enjoy doing. I hope that you will be okay soon. to help.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: Anticipation of covid deaths will lead to anxiety - August 21st 2021, 03:42 AM

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through.

Covid-19 has definitely put us through the works in regards to every aspect of our lives and we unfortunately have no control over any of it. If you ever need to talk, I'll always listen.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Anticipation of covid deaths will lead to anxiety - August 25th 2021, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
You're right in that it's inevitable that news like this is disturbing and worrying. I think you're very much not alone in feeling that your anxiety is even higher than usual as a result of the pandemic, especially when this far on there seems to still be a lot of bad news. I've felt my anxiety spike because of this too. It's great that you're reaching out for support though. One of the best ways to handle increased anxiety is to share it with other people so it's less of a burden on your mind only. Talking to people about how you feel can stop you feeling less isolated, so I hope that this helps in that way. If you have any friends or family you feel safe and comfortable with, maybe you can talk to them too. I found that when I spoke to people, a lot of them felt the same as I did, and it helped to feel like I had a safe person to then turn to when I was struggling later on too.

TH has a couple of really useful articles you could try reading too, such as this and this. There's some useful tips in there about how to keep your mind occupied and stop it become overwhelmed with negative stuff and many of these tips are ones I've used and found really helpful too.

It's also important to remember that, while this pandemic is still bringing bad news, there's been huge improvements since it first began which give us a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. It's sad that people are still getting very ill, and that in some cases this leads to deaths as a result of coronavirus, but so many people who may have gotten seriously ill in the past, are no longer getting so sick because of improvements in medicine. Especially vaccines, which in the UK where I live seem to have let the case numbers stabilize and reduced the amount of deaths by a lot. It's been a long two years and I think it's natural to feel burnt out by the anxiety all of this has caused, but try to challenge yourself if you can to look at what's going on behind the scenes. Research is improving all the time, and the more people we have getting vaccinated, the more 'normal' life will become again. It's something to cling onto when you're not feeling so great about things.
Thanks, Everglow.

I appreciate your kind words to me, I always try to cope with myself and I feel kinda lonely. I do have friends but they're so busy with their work. I want to try making myself busy but I don't know what to do.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
startangle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,506, Level: 5 Points: 1,506, Level: 5 Points: 1,506, Level: 5

Re: Anticipation of covid deaths will lead to anxiety - August 26th 2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allyson Wood View Post
I always try to cope with myself and I feel kinda lonely. I do have friends but they're so busy with their work. I want to try making myself busy but I don't know what to do.
Do you like playing video games? I think you can meet a friend right there.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Anticipation of covid deaths will lead to anxiety - September 6th 2021, 10:24 AM

Video games aren't for me. Too bad you are a few years too late.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
startangle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,506, Level: 5 Points: 1,506, Level: 5 Points: 1,506, Level: 5

Re: Anticipation of covid deaths will lead to anxiety - September 6th 2021, 10:25 AM

Oh, that's tough. You should start playing again if you have time! It really helps a lot.
Closed Thread