TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,851, Level: 42 Points: 88,851, Level: 42 Points: 88,851, Level: 42

Tired all the time - February 29th 2024, 09:03 AM

I'm just tired all the time from working just over 50 hours a week, studying, doing the housework, trying to keep up with my social life, spending time with family as well as simply doing things for myself.
I have been given more responsibilities/duties at work where other staff have been given less which is the main cause of my tiredness. I just feel like doing less and not even bothering even more.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,323, Level: 47 Points: 109,323, Level: 47 Points: 109,323, Level: 47

Re: Tired all the time - February 29th 2024, 12:54 PM

I'm sorry about this and hope that you will be okay soon. I hope you are able to get as much rest as you can so that you will be okay soon. Hope everything gets better for you soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Tired all the time - March 1st 2024, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque- golfing girl. View Post
I'm sorry about this and hope that you will be okay soon. I hope you are able to get as much rest as you can so that you will be okay soon. Hope everything gets better for you soon.
Thank you, I hope so too!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Halcyon Offline
Project Coordinator

I can't get enough

Name: Haley
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 43,590, Level: 30 Points: 43,590, Level: 30 Points: 43,590, Level: 30

Re: Tired all the time - March 2nd 2024, 12:44 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling tired all the time. It sounds like you have a very demanding schedule with so many responsibilities on your plate. 50 hours a week is no mean feat!

It's great to hear that you've been given additional responsibilities at work, it sounds like they really value your skills and abilities. Are there any tasks that can be delegated or shared with others, especially as other staff have been given less? Is your boss supportive? Perhaps they don't realise the impact the extra duties are having on your energy levels and a quick chat might prompt them to explore solutions such as redistributing tasks or providing additional support.

It's important to prioritise self-care and doing things for yourself and I'm glad you've set aside time for that. Working long hours can lead to burnout and feeling overwhelmed with other aspects of life. It might be helpful to identify what's most important to you and focus on those areas when you're not at work. Is there anyone who could help with household chores? You deserve to rest and recharge, and I hope you can find a healthy balance that helps you to feel better and more energised.

All the best,
Haley
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Tired all the time - March 3rd 2024, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling tired all the time. It sounds like you have a very demanding schedule with so many responsibilities on your plate. 50 hours a week is no mean feat!

It's great to hear that you've been given additional responsibilities at work, it sounds like they really value your skills and abilities. Are there any tasks that can be delegated or shared with others, especially as other staff have been given less? Is your boss supportive? Perhaps they don't realise the impact the extra duties are having on your energy levels and a quick chat might prompt them to explore solutions such as redistributing tasks or providing additional support.

It's important to prioritise self-care and doing things for yourself and I'm glad you've set aside time for that. Working long hours can lead to burnout and feeling overwhelmed with other aspects of life. It might be helpful to identify what's most important to you and focus on those areas when you're not at work. Is there anyone who could help with household chores? You deserve to rest and recharge, and I hope you can find a healthy balance that helps you to feel better and more energised.

All the best,
Haley
Hi Haley,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I did actually speak to my supervisor on Friday about how I was feeling and there were some adjustments that were made to my timetable which will help out not only myself but a few other staff members too. It made me feel so much better.

I also spoke to my husband about how I'm feeling in regards to being burned out with doing the housework and he said he'll help out more around the house. We both are out of the house for long periods of time because of work that we are as tired as each other.

We just have to take it one day at a time.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Halcyon Offline
Project Coordinator

I can't get enough

Name: Haley
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 43,590, Level: 30 Points: 43,590, Level: 30 Points: 43,590, Level: 30

Re: Tired all the time - March 3rd 2024, 10:01 AM

It's great to hear that you reached out to your supervisor and that adjustments were made to your timetable. I'm glad that this change has brought you some relief. It's also great to hear that your husband is supportive and willing to help out more around the house, especially considering your busy schedules. I hope you start to feel less tired soon.

Take care of yourself,
Haley
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Tired all the time - March 9th 2024, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
It's great to hear that you reached out to your supervisor and that adjustments were made to your timetable. I'm glad that this change has brought you some relief. It's also great to hear that your husband is supportive and willing to help out more around the house, especially considering your busy schedules. I hope you start to feel less tired soon.

Take care of yourself,
Haley
I hope so too.

Thank you for your reply.