TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TwistofFate_07 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ashley

Points: 13,080, Level: 16 Points: 13,080, Level: 16 Points: 13,080, Level: 16

How are you coping with anxiety? - October 28th 2013, 04:02 PM

I have really bad anxiety and it gets to me a lot. Especially when I'm in school. I was bullied from Kindergarten to 8th grade so I get this constant fear that it might happen again in high school. Can anybody give me advice on how to cope with my anxiety? Or tell me ways how your coping with anxiety? Thanks.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: How are you coping with anxiety? - October 28th 2013, 09:36 PM

Hey there Ashley,

Have you told a health care provider (doctor/nurse) about the anxiety? Have you talked to someone about the past bullying and your fears?

1) Deep Breathing: Taking deep breathes. Deep breath in through your nose hold for 5 seconds. Exhale out of your month. Doing this a couple of times will slow your heart rate down. It may not work the first time so keep doing it a few more times.
2) Could you see a doctor about the anxiety he/she may offer you some counseling and/or medication.
3) If you have a pet could you spend some time with them? This can help you dewind and relax while your at home.
4) Do you like exercise? Exercising can help you with feeling better.
5) Listening to music can be calming, something that is gentle nothing high in energy that can increase the anxiety.

Take Care

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: How are you coping with anxiety? - October 30th 2013, 08:38 AM

Taking deep breaths I find to be good. Or holding a stress ball (a small but very squishy ball) and crushing it and slowly releasing it. Another is to try and find someone to talk to, even if it's online. Sometimes I chat to one of my good online friends or he'll help distract me which makes me feel good andthen my anxiety goes away. One of the most important things is not to dwell on the subject which can cause us anxiety, it's extremely hard but not impossible. Picture yourself somewhere in a peaceful place, if you like being outdoors, picture a wide open field where you're free, a gentle breeze hitting the trees, imagine them slowly rustling and moving, a flock of birds overhead. Even if you're not, picture a city/town area where you're sitting in a not-so-crowded cafe with your favourite hot drink, grasping it with both your hands and imagine just watching the world pass by. After a while your anxiety levels will drop.
Closed Thread