TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Courtney

Points: 11,532, Level: 15 Points: 11,532, Level: 15 Points: 11,532, Level: 15

Has anyone else been in this situation and did it work out? - April 23rd 2012, 02:50 AM

Long story short I met this guy on facebook and we talked about meeting up while he was on leave but it just didn't work out. After that we talked less and less and then we stopped talking for quiet a while. Every once and while I'll talk to him on facebook and we make plans to hang out but it never ends up happening. Then tonight we talked for just a bit on fb again and he says that he wants to talk again and used lots of smiley faces.

I know I don't know him but I sort of have a crush on him. I really want to meet him, it gets very disappointing to talk to him and to get excited just for us not to talk after that for months at a time. He says he's just very busy and has a hard time finding time for people (he is in the reserves and working two jobs and going to college) but still..

I don't know. Do you think anything could come out of this? Has anyone else ended up with someone whose relationship started off in a similar way?

Thanks.

Ps. We went to the same high school, I vaguely remember him from there because we never talked or really knew each other back then, so he's not just some random person.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
heather_tate19 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Heather

Points: 11,742, Level: 15 Points: 11,742, Level: 15 Points: 11,742, Level: 15

Re: Has anyone else been in this situation and did it work out? - April 23rd 2012, 03:49 AM

I had a similar with the start of a relationship I had with a very dedicated grad student. We would make plans, but either he cancelled b/c research got in the way or I cancelled because I had an exam I needed to focus on. We only saw each other once in a while when passing. soon we just started getting work done together, even though it was silent the whole time, it worked out good for a little bit.

The truth is, if both of you REALLY want it to work out, you can make it work- because it does take a TON of effort, and even if you just see each other for a few minutes, it can be good.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,954, Level: 17 Points: 14,954, Level: 17 Points: 14,954, Level: 17

Re: Has anyone else been in this situation and did it work out? - April 23rd 2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontdomornings92 View Post
He says he's just very busy and has a hard time finding time for people (he is in the reserves and working two jobs and going to college) but still..
If he says he doesn't have time for people, how will he find time for you? In my experience (and my friends'), if a guy says that he wants to see you, but he's busy, that means that he's not really THAT interested. I know that it's harsh but I've also learned this the hard way. If a guy TRULY wanted to see you, he'd make time for you.

I understand that you like this guy (and that's why you are hopeful), but unless he actually makes an effort, I say forget about him and find someone who actually wants to be with you.

Good luck
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread