TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Laura-94 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,467, Level: 11 Points: 6,467, Level: 11 Points: 6,467, Level: 11

Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 19th 2013, 01:54 PM

Hey..im just bout to start college and will be sharing a room for the 1st time in my life so i have an odd but serious 2 part question- do you wear bra/panties under pj's? And did that change when you shared a room 4 the 1st time or when you went to college? (Hopefully I'm not a weirdo but I don't wear panties under pj's except for period time and def don't wear a bra..)
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 19th 2013, 02:36 PM

This is totally up to you. I've never been to college, but I did have to share a room (and a bed) with my sister for a long time before she moved out. I hate wearing bra's and panties to bed, and even though our situations are slightly different, they aren't by much.

If you're comfortable, don't do it. Get to know your roommate before move in day. That's what a lot of Freshman do.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hey you beautiful <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: crystal stuart

Points: 23,381, Level: 22 Points: 23,381, Level: 22 Points: 23,381, Level: 22

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 19th 2013, 02:51 PM

yeah i have to agree with the above user, communication is the key, if you feel comftorble do it, if not no, i dont wear bras, but sometimes panties

be brave lifes to short make the most of it add me on http://www.teenhelp.org/ it will do u wonders xxx :P
who ever knows christabel add this group xxx http://www.teenhelp.org/socialgroups...%27s+stalkers/
love crystal

havent self harmed for 4 months
this is my girlfriend http://www.teenhelp.org/users/holliex/
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 19th 2013, 02:57 PM

I'm the same, totally commando in my PJs I can understand the discomfort of not wearing them with a roommate in the same room. I don't think underwear are a big deal unless your wearing boxer-short typed PJ bottoms (just be careful if you do and don't want to risk a crotch shot)... As far as bras go, it shouldn't be a big deal either BUT if you are feeling insecure you could always wear a bra until you crawl into bed and then just take it off, that's what I've done before.... But I've also never had to share a room with anyone before, I just know what i've done when having sleepovers or what ever

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 19th 2013, 03:01 PM

It's not really a big deal. Before going to college, I never wore a bra/underwear under my pajamas. Now, in college, sometimes all I wear is a bra and pajama pants. I've literally walked around campus in just my bra. No one cares. I've definitely changed a lot since coming to college, and I'm a lot more confident about my body. Before college, I was very insecure. I personally don't like to walk around campus without a bra under my T-shirt. I've done it, but it's not a preference. I agree with wearing it until you go to bed then taking it off. I've done that several times, too..

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Charlie

Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 19th 2013, 04:30 PM

I don't go college or share a room with anyone but you should just sleep in what your comfortable sleeping in. Just because you aren't wearing underwear underneath your clothing, doesn't mean they'll notice or anything and it's not like they'll see anything either.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 20th 2013, 04:28 PM

I slept however I felt comfortable on a particular night. I didn't get to talk to my roommate until the day before move in and we actually didn't speak the first weekend either (it was super awkward). I still slept how I usually did (without a bra). I mean, I wouldn't sleep completely naked with a roommate but that's just me. Other than that I'd say go for it.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I've been here a while

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 20th 2013, 10:35 PM

I say go with what you're comfortable with. I had to share a bed with a friend of mine during spring break because we were on a school trip in another state and I usually just sleep in a shirt and underwear. Granted yes it was a friend, but not one that I've hung out with outside of school and we were sharing a bed. I just got into bed with my bra on under my sleep-shirt and my jeans on, then under the blanket I took off my jeans and took my bra off from under my shirt and I was fine.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 20th 2013, 11:18 PM

In college it never even occurred to me to wonder about that. I just wore my regular stuff. However when I got a summer jobs and had to share a house with guys I would wear a sports bra until I was actually going to sleep.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 21st 2013, 02:32 AM

Generally I sleep in a bra and underwear, but that is just what I am more comfortable doing. If you feel the most comfortable sleeping without them, sleep without them. You can do what others suggested and crawl into bed and then take off the undergarments, or you can just leave them off. It is all up to personal comfort. Unless you're wearing something too short to bed where there can be accidental slips, your roommate may not even notice.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Points: 20,224, Level: 20 Points: 20,224, Level: 20 Points: 20,224, Level: 20

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 22nd 2013, 12:56 AM

College people are typically really chill. It also depends how close you get to your roommate. I'm sure within a month you will both be sleeping without bras under your pjs or that you'll both just be sleeping in your bra and underwear.

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 22nd 2013, 01:00 AM

I don't think you should if it's more comfortable not wearing anything underneath. I hate wearing a bra to bed. Just do whatever is more comfortable for you.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21 Points: 22,144, Level: 21

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 24th 2013, 10:24 AM

I sleep nude or in boxers, my whole family pretty much has no standards of dress when it comes to in the house. So there's that occasional awkward instance where anemone brings a friend over and "there goes a person in their underwear".

Modesty is really overrated

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 25th 2013, 05:07 AM

I didn't wear a bra in my pajamas in college (but I wear underwear-just preference!), still don't when I walk around my community complex. Most people don't care. I think my male coworker notices...don't think he minds. Hahahaha! But in all seriousness, most people don't care, they know you're sleeping, they understand you need to be comfortable. Good roommates won't mind.

something burning?
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Jennyjenn1 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jennifer

Points: 8,395, Level: 13 Points: 8,395, Level: 13 Points: 8,395, Level: 13

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 26th 2013, 03:35 AM

Depends on your roommate I'd say. Who knows how open she will be or how comfortable with nudity / sexuality you two might be. You just have to get to know here and set your own limits on those things as you go along.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Points: 36,386, Level: 27 Points: 36,386, Level: 27 Points: 36,386, Level: 27

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 27th 2013, 01:40 PM

Do whatever is most comfortable for you! I personally wear panties, but no bra with my pj's. But it is all personal preference. I bet your room mate will feel the same as you are and be thinking about it too. Maybe you guys could have a chat about stuff like that sometime? Though I honestly don't think it's necessary. Providing your pj's cover your areas, then it doesn't matter what you wear underneath as people probably won't see or notice

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
You’re the diamonds, you’re the pearls
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
It’s your future, it’s your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Ghost

Points: 16,726, Level: 18 Points: 16,726, Level: 18 Points: 16,726, Level: 18

Re: Going to college , sharing a room for 1st time ever pj advice - April 28th 2013, 01:42 AM

Lol...girls. I sleep in boxer briefs and nothing else every night, don't care who else is around.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.
Closed Thread