TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
android Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,948, Level: 11 Points: 5,948, Level: 11 Points: 5,948, Level: 11

Has anyone said weird things in school that ruined their reputation? - April 4th 2014, 08:53 PM

It all started when I came to High School.
At first, I appeared like a quiet kid. The first few weeks I was normal. I ''befriended'' this guy who I told nearly everything about my interests which now to me seem quite weird. But that wasn't as embarrassing as what would follow in the few months.

The first big mistake was telling him one of his friends was attractive and if he could talk to me. After that, he didn't talk to me the anymore and worse, rumors circulated that I was gay.

The second mistake was telling a few sexual jokes that heightened the belief that I was weird further or telling what I think but people misinterpreting it as a joke. In fact the biggest rumour that spread is that I'm depressed and suicidal. This was after I made a joke to someone in class that they misunderstood. Another big one was when answering a question in my Spanish class, I picked the most 'interesting' answer which came out really badly and everyone was laughing at what I said.

After these weird incidents, I've now gained a reputation around my classmates. I still socialize with some of them, but they seem disinterested in me; perhaps because of what I said in the past or because I'm very quiet or both. There are some people though who won't speak to me anymore. There is this quiet guy who now thinks I'm strange and hates sitting next to me. His actually quite mean but somehow he has more friends than me. Then there is the guy who I thought was attractive (he was told by his friend), rarely speaks to me. The rest of the people think I'm strange but It's made worse by the fact that they think I stare at people. I suppose being quiet and looking at people makes them uncomfortable I understand how some of the things I say are indeed strange, but the jokes I made were because 1) I Was only trying to fit in. 2)Saw others do it. And I really was serious about finding some people in my school attractive. So what if it's GAY? Why does it concern anyone?

You probably thinking that I shouldn't care what others think and focus on grades....well I really don't. I put academics as a top priority but even that I struggle with because of my ADHD and OCD. What I'm trying to figure out is why am I getting all of this. Every person I've tried to befriend ends up finding me annoying and/or weird. Every time I go out with a group of people for lunch they never include me and I feel a sense that they might think I'm following them.

I didn't do anything to anyone to deserve this. I haven't harmed anyone emotionally or physically, and I try to socialize with people. There are people who are worse than me in nearly every aspect in my school (I try not to judge a book by its cover but its usually correct) and still having friends. But I'm still the weirdest person in my school. Perhaps race has to do something with it. I'm Indian and I don't really have the best looks and poor health (I don't have a low self-esteem, I know I do have physical problems)
What do you think?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
THE FAPMAN Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mr. Fap

Points: 9,708, Level: 14 Points: 9,708, Level: 14 Points: 9,708, Level: 14

Re: Has anyone said weird things in school that ruined their reputation? - April 4th 2014, 09:49 PM

I think youre thinking too hard. Just be yourself. You know how I did it?
I just marched the first day like a national hero and started fucking around with everyone, telling lame jokes, making weird faces and just joking with anyone and everyone. Thats who I am. Thats why I dont fit in this forum.
Lets say im you and your hs is this forum. I am a straightforward guy who is very sarcastic with a weird sense of humour. I can joke on everything, even on some things that are frowned upon. But thats who i am. Im a joker, an idiot basically, also a smartass. If i dont fit in somewhere, ill go and find someone else. I wont force people into liking me. I mean, a lot of people just relax with me and enjoy life, but some people think of be as a bad person with bad sense of humour and someone who doesnt respect other people. I dont give a fuck what you think. Why do you give a fuck?

See that blank line above? Theres the number of how many fucks i give. You can:
A) like me
B) dislike me
There aint no C)... You dont like me? Fuck you. You do like me? Good for you mate, lets go on a beer.

So yeah, you need to find yourself. Who you are? What are your good sides, bad sides? How to work on the bad sides? Etc. Youre a quiet guy? Open up a bit. Theres a few quiet guys in my class that i speak to from time to time so they can open up a bit and relax.
High school can be stressful, I know. Dont think of it as a burden. When you find out who you are, make sure other people know it to. And then, they can either:
A) like you
or
B) go fuck themselves

PM me if you want to talk.

Also being the weirdest person is THE BEST FUCKING THING that could EVER happen to you. Because that my friend, means you dont blend in into the grey, fucked up, retarded crowd that makes 99% of the world. You are very much diffrent. And that is fucking awesome. Just learn how to use that weirdness in a good way.
Closed Thread