TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Malik

Points: 7,444, Level: 12 Points: 7,444, Level: 12 Points: 7,444, Level: 12

I'm not sure where to post this thread, but several people in school are mad at me from a possible mistake and I feel very scared - February 3rd 2015, 02:12 AM

This isn't really about any particular relationship I have with a person, but several people at my school are seriously mad at me, with a chance of having a restraining order of some type against at least one of them, and it's hard to avoid them, and I feel very scared.

One of the people told me on January 20th that I could not ever text a certain person again. I'm not at all sure why, but it wasn't said to me in a friendly way. I'm not sure how I can make up for whatever reason she is somehow mad at me. I don't think I have ever made the person mad (the one who people have said I am no longer allowed to text ever again). I have texted the person since October 2014, about various things but mostly about only one subject I need help with.

There's also another person that got mad at me, through text, on January 7th only because (from a first-time offender of this) I asked her why she was acting rude. Is it inappropriate to say someone's acting rude? Now this person's mad at me beyond recognition. One indirect thing that led to this, was snow days away from school in January and these days I'm not very comfortable at home, so I feel better at school.

There are at least three or four people who I'm afraid of, and I have a class with one of them. It's hard for me to hide from her because she sits in front of me, and most of the time we would have conversations. But I try to avoid her in fear of making her mad, she now yells at me and says rude things in regards to this, and in addition to the people above, she's also disappointed at me to a high level. Someone in that class the other day made comments behind me about me always hiding, and I don't want to look like I am a bad person.

I also feel like I could have a restraining order placed against me, because the person who I was no longer allowed to text, came marching in my direction January 27th and told me she didn't like it when I looked at her. I wasnt looking at her, I was standing in a hallway for about 10 minutes, before she came out of a room and went to my direction and I was on the opposite side of the hallway. This is a bad sign that I may have made a mistake and unaware of it. (the one who I said was rude, in a text message, is a different person, to avoid confusion)

There was one adult in the building that knew partially about this, and she only mostly focused on criticising me about the person with removed texting abilities, rather than any other part of it.

The other day, a small percentage of people, only like two people (who know about it) have said they said "I was harassing them" when I haven't even been around them in almost two-and-a-half-weeks. Even if that's true, I'm not sure how I have.

I dont really know what to do, and it's hard to avoid them because one of them walks in various hallways of the school, I have a class with one of them, and it's hard to treat them like they are empty spaces, and they are mad at me because of a possible mistake, and I'm not sure how I can make up for it. I'm really scared, since January 9th or so.

Also, one other thing: I typed up an article about what was happening that said similar things to this post and showed it to a few people at school. The girl I have class with, found out about it, and literally searched my belongings when I was distracted in class January 28th and stole it from me, and after reading it I feel like she's also even more mad at me. There was nothing insulting or offensive in the article, it just said that I needed help and that I felt scared.

Last edited by It is 57 below zero; February 3rd 2015 at 03:46 AM. Reason: I missed one important detail
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13

Re: I'm not sure where to post this thread, but several people in school are mad at me from a possible mistake and I feel very scared - February 3rd 2015, 03:09 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry that you're going through all this. It sounds to me as if you have a rather nasty bunch of people ganging up on you. I gather that talking to them about it is rather out of the question (they might accuse you of harassing them), but perhaps you could seek advice from an adult at the school? Like maybe a guidance counselor? Because I don't quite know much about these people in question, I might not be able to provide the most objective advice. However, I will say that you should not have to be in an environment that makes you uncomfortable and scared. Try explaining everything to an adult at school who can help or your parents.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything!

Kyra
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: I'm not sure where to post this thread, but several people in school are mad at me from a possible mistake and I feel very scared - February 5th 2015, 11:24 AM

It sucks that you're having such a rough time right now.

That said though, I feel like I can't really tell you if they're truly ganging up on you for no reason or not without actually seeing all the conversations. Something that you see as innocent could be taken as harassment to them. The point is that something is making them uncomfortable. At this point, I would just try to move on and ignore them. Find other people to be friends with because this doesn't seem like it's going to be resolved, at least not without time and distance.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Malik

Points: 7,444, Level: 12 Points: 7,444, Level: 12 Points: 7,444, Level: 12

Re: I'm not sure where to post this thread, but several people in school are mad at me from a possible mistake and I feel very scared - February 19th 2015, 02:29 AM

Because many others have judged the heck out of me, I was never really able to go to any adult at school because it is likely they could also judge me.
Closed Thread