TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
T.A Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10

Question Failed High school !! Help please - January 21st 2016, 06:27 PM

Hi everyone ,,,,

i want you to help me

i Failed High School.

i'm so dissapointment

i was dreaming of becoming an IT engineer . study and Success
in college ,,

what do you advise me to do ?? as a career ?

i love learning langueges , Tech

***please provide me with some tips , people can help , websites ,, anything !

Last edited by T.A; January 22nd 2016 at 06:11 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Failed High school !! Help please - January 21st 2016, 06:42 PM

Hey,
I would suggest study and going to adult school and getting your GED then going to college and you can become anything you want once you get an GED i believe.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Failed High school !! Help please - January 21st 2016, 08:02 PM

Hey there,

There's no need to feel disappointed with failing high school- there's still a lot of time to catch up. I also think that if you really want to be an IT engineer then you should definitely aim for that!

Firstly, I would advise looking at what you already have in terms of education and experience. Then look at what you need to be an IT engineer. Were there are gaps, try to find ways of getting what you need. You might need to look into adult education or apprenticeships. Are there any resources in your area to help you get back into education or employment? Contacting a local/national careers service can be helpful as they can help you more.

Hope this helped a bit!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Failed High school !! Help please - January 22nd 2016, 06:39 PM

As suggested, you can get your GED, that shouldn't be a problem. I know that in my country, after you're 19 (e.g. once you're 20) you're considered a mature student and can apply to university as such. If you like tech, I suggest self teaching - Coursera and EdX are two amazing websites that provide MOOCs (massive open online courses) and you can take some - you can start by not paying for many if you audit, but if you do all the work for them and pay a little money, you can get a certificate which will look good on a resume. These sorts of courses are a great way to start learning about the field, getting experience etc. and can be proof of prior learning if you would like to pursue higher formal learning at a university or something like that. Everything will be ok, you might just have a different path to your success than others, but that's ok, we all have our path and its never the same as anothers.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
T.A Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10

Re: Failed High school !! Help please - January 23rd 2016, 12:13 AM

Thank u all .. hmm , i will never give up ^^
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 16,327, Level: 18 Points: 16,327, Level: 18 Points: 16,327, Level: 18

Re: Failed High school !! Help please - January 25th 2016, 04:00 PM

Just because you failed high school doesn't mean you can't pursue your dreams. It just means you'll have to try a lot harder and learn from your mistakes. Engineering isn't an easy discipline. I'm studying aerospace engineering presently. Engineering courses (in the US) can be very time consuming with their labs. The homework alone is dreadful. I spend roughly 20 hours/wk in class and about 40 hrs/wk doing homework. This doesn't include preparing for labs, lab write ups, and preparing for class (reading the book and making sure you understand it). I wasn't a great student in high school, but I turned around in college. It takes a LOT of work and dedication. A lot of times I want to stop because I feel burned out. You just have to stick with it and not give up, even when it looks like you're going to fail. You only REALLY fail once you give up. Stick with it, just know you're going to have to make it up and work a lot harder than you previously did, and harder than your peers. I probably work 1.5 times as hard/long on my work as peers just because I wasn't as inclined to science when I was younger, so it takes me longer to adjust to the material and learn it (either that or maybe I'm just a slow learner haha). But literally, when people tell work on their assignments, if it takes them 2 hours, it usually takes me 3.5 hours, etc. It sucks, but in the end it'll (hopefully) be awesome.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan
Closed Thread