TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Back to school - September 18th 2021, 10:50 PM

I'm not going back to school or any other forum of education, but I know quite a few people are/have. If you or someone you know is going back to school, what kind of subject are you studying? Are you in school/college/university? Have you had to relocate in order to study?

I remember when I want to study at university, I had to relocate for 3 years because it wasn't feasible to get a near 2-hour train ride all the way there and back. That would have been almost 4 hours of trains every day. And it was expensive. I primarily studied system administration, server maintenance, programming and software scripting, but I also studied business at the same time. I definitely preferred the business side of things. It was a lot more interesting than having to write programmes or develop computer games.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: Back to school - September 19th 2021, 01:47 AM

I have returned back to University to study teaching. Luckily, I don't have to leave the house for it due to all of it being online.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
javier221 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 446, Level: 3 Points: 446, Level: 3 Points: 446, Level: 3

Re: Back to school - October 8th 2021, 08:21 AM

Hello,
Covid-19 is still a high risk here, so my university is online. I guess the only perk of the pandemic is that we do not have to relocate for studies anymore. I am studying software engineering.
I do have a friend who is relocating for studies, she is taking psychology. It has been hard for her because almost for a year, she stayed at home and took classes on her computer. All of a sudden, when we were finally getting used to the online mode of learning, the study environment is changing again. Hence, making it difficult to interact with people face to face. There are multiple changes happening. Especially in safety. For students to return, schools must be physically safe. In the COVID-19 period, safety is determined by various elements, one of which is the percentage of positive COVID-19 tests within a county or city.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Back to school - October 11th 2021, 05:31 AM

Hi Sarah,

Lovely question! It's also nice to hear about the things you did at university.

I moved continents (from Singapore to Ireland) to study genetics for 4 years. I absolutely loved my time there and miss Dublin so much. The degree itself was phenomenal and really prepared me for working life. I'm back in Singapore working at a cancer hospital now. I might be doing a master's in the US next year (fingers crossed!) so I'm looking forward to how that pans out.

Eager to see what others will share

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 18,927, Level: 19 Points: 18,927, Level: 19 Points: 18,927, Level: 19

Re: Back to school - October 11th 2021, 09:07 PM

I went back to school after my undergrad (Psychology) for Addictions Studies, it was all online so no need to relocate. I'm now heading back to school in January to get my Master's in Counselling Psychology, that program is also online so I won't need to relocate.

Stacey
Original join date: 27th September, 2004.
HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor
Closed Thread