TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PointeStarr Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Samantha Noel

Points: 8,657, Level: 13 Points: 8,657, Level: 13 Points: 8,657, Level: 13

College Roommate. OMG - December 15th 2011, 01:52 PM

My roommate is ridiculous I swear she intentionally does things to piss me off.

Her bed is right by the door, her boyfriend will come in and just start screwing her without even giving me a minute to leave the room. And shes okay with this.

She feels the need to know exactly where I am. she knows my class schedule, work schedule and if i dont tell her where I'm going when I leave she walks around to my friends dorms looking for me, or interrogates me when i come back asking "whered you go" and then she writes on my white board on our door where I am at when she knows I'm leaving. also if I write something on my board that she does not like or approve of. such as I left my friend who was coming over when he got off work a message to go to the library instead, she will erase it.

She controls the electricity in our room, if I'm up at 3am writing a paper and she comes in she will turn all the lights off and then bitch when I turn one back on

She also turns off my tv when she leaves, even if I'm in the room watching it.
If i'm charging my laptop she unplugs my charger when she leaves.

She killed my fish. I went to Green Bay for the weekend and she asked if she needed to feed him I said no and stored his food in one of my dresser drawers because she previously stated that she doesnt like my Beta being in our room. I came back from green bay to an empty bottle of fish food, water in a the bowl so thick i couldnt see through it and a dead fish. She claims she didnt do it.

She doesnt wear clothes in our room. me and her are both plus size women and she recently started sleeping in just her bra and panties. Which is really awkward for me because she sleeps at random times during the day and I have friends pop in and out all the time. So my friends have had the displeasure of seeing her business. She also dances around our room in her bra and panties singing "moves like jagger" even when my friends are in the room.

She tells me all the sorted details of her sex life. including that her boyfriend will no longer touch her because her vagina smells. its like really hunny I dont need to know that you either contracted an STD or have enough yeast in your vagina to make bread rise. like really keep that to yourself

I was studying 2 nights ago and had the contents of my binder for my monday, wednesday, friday classes spread out across my bed and desk. I went for a walk/ a chain smoke and ranting phone call break and when I came back, all my papers were gone. I asked her where they were and shes like "oh well I was picking up my side of the room so I figured I'd be nice and grab your garbage too. I went into the bathroom where we throw our garbage bags to try to find my notes, I found them, covered in my Large double shot pepperment mocha trio from seatles best which oh yea was like almost completely full. and She was like "I know they were notes I just didnt figure you needed them" Yup notes clearly labled for the three classes I'm failing. nope I dont need those at all.

RAHHHHH I just I hate her so much. I cant stand living with her. At all.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Charlie

Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29

Re: College Roommate. OMG - December 15th 2011, 02:10 PM

Is there someone you can talk to about changing rooms or something like that if you explain how much of a problem you're having with your roommate?

If not, then I'd talk to her about it. A serious one to one talk because from what you've said, she sounds like a terrible roommate and you need to make her see that some of the things she is doing aren't okay and need to change. You share that room together so you need to be fair to each other with the things that you do or at least clear things with each other before you do them like the turning the lights/tv off or cleaning your side of the room for you.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Will sterry

Points: 12,494, Level: 16 Points: 12,494, Level: 16 Points: 12,494, Level: 16

Re: College Roommate. OMG - December 15th 2011, 02:21 PM

Give her an ultimatum, either she pulls her weight or she finds somewhere else to live.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

Re: College Roommate. OMG - December 15th 2011, 03:18 PM

Is this an on campus dormitory or an off-campus contracted lease?

If the former, file a complaint with the school staff, inform them of the inappropriate behavior so that she would be removed from the dorm and disciplined.

If the latter, if it is a two-party contract between you and her, find another apartment and leave, then sue for "creative eviction" citing these behaviors. Creative eviction is basically the willful creation of a situation to intentionally inflict discomfort and stress on a tenant to make them leave, which is illegal.

If there is a contract between a landlord and you and her, go straight to the landlord and inform him of these inappropriate behaviors, and he should evict her.

Also I recommend having police reports on file as well as a restraining order. Charges could potentially include sexual harassment, desecration of property/vandalism, animal cruelty, stalking, the list could go on and on. Also get affidavits from other witnesses (such as your friends) in regards to the behavior.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
PointeStarr Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Samantha Noel

Points: 8,657, Level: 13 Points: 8,657, Level: 13 Points: 8,657, Level: 13

Re: College Roommate. OMG - December 15th 2011, 04:20 PM

Its a college dorm. I've been trying to switch rooms since october but we are over crowded, theres no open rooms.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: College Roommate. OMG - December 15th 2011, 11:49 PM

Well, some of the things you mention sound like just annoying roommate habits (eg. Dancing around, sharing too much information). But things like throwing out your notes, having sex with you in the room, erasing your messages are not acceptable at all. Isn't there a staff member that you can report her to?

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

Re: College Roommate. OMG - December 16th 2011, 05:38 AM

You shouldnt have to switch rooms, it is the school's obligation to evict her from the dorm. Which university do you go to?
Closed Thread